FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Going to Destin this month for a week

Hello,

I am going to Destin for a week later this month and will be staying in a home, so should be a pretty uncrowded beach. I've wanted to kiteboard for a long time and am looking at this as an opportunity to get started.

I'd like suggestions on how to go about doing this. I'm thinking of buying a trainer kite to fly during the week and then taking a beginner lesson at sea-n-sky or some other destin/pensacola shop early in the week to learn the basics. Will a trainer kite be able to drag me (albeit slowly compared to bigger power kites) and what kind should I get? I'm on a budget, especially if i'm going to shell out 180 for lessons, so a trainer for 100ish would be good...but if there is a reason, i can spend more

for now i'd be happy just learning how to fly one and using it to drag myself a little along the beach, but not necessarily kiteboard yet, tho that'd be great if i can learn enough in a week

any basic advice about how i should be approaching this sport would be great...as well as books/online articles/websites/forums/etc
Old 08-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Default Going to Destin this month for a week

Hello,

I am going to Destin for a week later this month and will be staying in a home, so should be a pretty uncrowded beach. I've wanted to kiteboard for a long time and am looking at this as an opportunity to get started.

I'd like suggestions on how to go about doing this. I'm thinking of buying a trainer kite to fly during the week and then taking a beginner lesson at sea-n-sky or some other destin/pensacola shop early in the week to learn the basics. Will a trainer kite be able to drag me (albeit slowly compared to bigger power kites) and what kind should I get? I'm on a budget, especially if i'm going to shell out 180 for lessons, so a trainer for 100ish would be good...but if there is a reason, i can spend more

for now i'd be happy just learning how to fly one and using it to drag myself a little along the beach, but not necessarily kiteboard yet, tho that'd be great if i can learn enough in a week

any basic advice about how i should be approaching this sport would be great...as well as books/online articles/websites/forums/etc
Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 PM

i've been looking online and am considering the following training kites....which do u recommend as being the best to learn with yet still have fun with it skidding around on the beach?

t-foil trainer
symphony 1.4
b2 trainer
parastunter 1.4 quad
Old 08-08-2005, 03:22 PM

i've been looking online and am considering the following training kites....which do u recommend as being the best to learn with yet still have fun with it skidding around on the beach?

t-foil trainer
symphony 1.4
b2 trainer
parastunter 1.4 quad
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM

well i bit the bullet and bought a Beamer II 2.5m kite for $150

i'll let ya know how it goes
Old 08-10-2005, 01:47 PM

well i bit the bullet and bought a Beamer II 2.5m kite for $150

i'll let ya know how it goes