PDA

View Full Version : crossbows are in demo today at blue hill.

mocean
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
the kitehouse bahamas is the only regesterd shop and school in the bahamas.
crossbow demos will be conducted on a windy beach next week.
for those wanting to watch mark bring your cooler and towel and binoculars lets see if it passes the spagetti test .
recon it will.
give me a call if you want to have a go .

aj

mocean
08-25-2005, 02:58 PM
the kitehouse bahamas is the only regesterd shop and school in the bahamas.
crossbow demos will be conducted on a windy beach next week.
for those wanting to watch mark bring your cooler and towel and binoculars lets see if it passes the spagetti test .
recon it will.
give me a call if you want to have a go .

aj

balloonboy
08-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I always bring my cooler, towel and binoculars when Mark is kiting.

balloonboy
08-25-2005, 08:47 PM
I always bring my cooler, towel and binoculars when Mark is kiting.

jonny
08-26-2005, 07:22 AM
I'll bring the Airush Cola!!!!!

jonny
08-26-2005, 07:22 AM
I'll bring the Airush Cola!!!!!

moylemuncha
08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
had a session in Ft Lauderdale on Friday. Was stuck in West Palm with no gear so I went online and found a guy who rented kiteboarding equipt. Met up with him at Hollywood Beach about 12 hours after Katrina went thru. Was 20-25 SE with 4 ft surf. He only rented North which wasn't bad stuff but difficult conditions to start out with unfamiliar everything. Throw in a crowd on the beach and in the water and my fat gut after windless summer - lets say it was fun but pretty intense.

Seemed like a pretty cool crew over there. Damian from East Coast Kiteboarding (and his sexy wife) were very nice and helpfull.

Would be nice to have my own kites again one day ;-) and definately need a golf bag for up and coming trip to DR. Yes - my horrible wife bought me trip to DR in a few weeks so better decide quick if anyone out there wants to tag along.

MM

moylemuncha
08-29-2005, 07:15 AM
had a session in Ft Lauderdale on Friday. Was stuck in West Palm with no gear so I went online and found a guy who rented kiteboarding equipt. Met up with him at Hollywood Beach about 12 hours after Katrina went thru. Was 20-25 SE with 4 ft surf. He only rented North which wasn't bad stuff but difficult conditions to start out with unfamiliar everything. Throw in a crowd on the beach and in the water and my fat gut after windless summer - lets say it was fun but pretty intense.

Seemed like a pretty cool crew over there. Damian from East Coast Kiteboarding (and his sexy wife) were very nice and helpfull.

Would be nice to have my own kites again one day ;-) and definately need a golf bag for up and coming trip to DR. Yes - my horrible wife bought me trip to DR in a few weeks so better decide quick if anyone out there wants to tag along.

MM

balloonboy
08-29-2005, 08:37 AM
what type and sized kite were you on?

balloonboy
08-29-2005, 08:37 AM
what type and sized kite were you on?

moylemuncha
08-29-2005, 10:26 AM
He started me on a 122 board (noname?) and a rihno 8m which was way underpowered. I gave him benifit of the doubt because the conditions were crazy and he didn't know my ability. The next size up he had was a 12m which I didn't even check type. it was north but more of a medium aspect than the rihno? and he dug up a board that was more like 140. By the time I figured this combo out I reckon it was dropping to under 20 knots (15 to 22) Was a good fit, little overpowered in the gusts. Did a few nice jumps and surfed a couple of waves. Was absalutely exhausted after an 2 x 45 minute sessions. Very different riding in the open ocean swells. Made me apreciate our flat water

moylemuncha
08-29-2005, 10:26 AM
He started me on a 122 board (noname?) and a rihno 8m which was way underpowered. I gave him benifit of the doubt because the conditions were crazy and he didn't know my ability. The next size up he had was a 12m which I didn't even check type. it was north but more of a medium aspect than the rihno? and he dug up a board that was more like 140. By the time I figured this combo out I reckon it was dropping to under 20 knots (15 to 22) Was a good fit, little overpowered in the gusts. Did a few nice jumps and surfed a couple of waves. Was absalutely exhausted after an 2 x 45 minute sessions. Very different riding in the open ocean swells. Made me apreciate our flat water

balloonboy
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
So yer ready for the x-ing this winter then?? :wink:

balloonboy
08-29-2005, 01:57 PM
So yer ready for the x-ing this winter then?? :wink:

Matteo
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
DR ?? When ?? I'm down for it !! just tell me when !! I'm stuck with my only one kite for now and can't make up my mind !! I guess I'll wait for the test-ride on the X-Bow.....

Matteo
08-29-2005, 06:03 PM
DR ?? When ?? I'm down for it !! just tell me when !! I'm stuck with my only one kite for now and can't make up my mind !! I guess I'll wait for the test-ride on the X-Bow.....

moylemuncha
08-30-2005, 06:59 AM
got you missed call - will try get through to you today on phone to let you know details

moylemuncha
08-30-2005, 06:59 AM
got you missed call - will try get through to you today on phone to let you know details