PDA

View Full Version : wind catt island

mocean
08-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I went to Catt island for 6 days aug 16 to aug 12
there was 10 kts at night during the day 12 to a solid 15 in the arvo.
South east trades we had last year seem to have moved about 140miles south of us to catt island and long island and the exumas.
some rad places to ride on the ocean side of cattisland (green wood)
looks like the spot shallow water reefs allover the place about 2 foot onder the water suface.
not to manny amenitys in catt island though.
fernandaz bay and green wood lodge are the only places I would recomend.
there might be a trip coming up soon to rum cay if any1 is interested please give me a hail.
aj

mocean
08-25-2005, 02:37 PM
I went to Catt island for 6 days aug 16 to aug 12
there was 10 kts at night during the day 12 to a solid 15 in the arvo.
South east trades we had last year seem to have moved about 140miles south of us to catt island and long island and the exumas.
some rad places to ride on the ocean side of cattisland (green wood)
looks like the spot shallow water reefs allover the place about 2 foot onder the water suface.
not to manny amenitys in catt island though.
fernandaz bay and green wood lodge are the only places I would recomend.
there might be a trip coming up soon to rum cay if any1 is interested please give me a hail.
aj

Cabarete
09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I've been looking at Cat Island on a map, and it looks like there's a good reef break on the north corner. It looks like it should be perfect for surf for those non wind days, and epic for the days with wind and surf...

Cabarete
09-07-2005, 07:31 PM
I've been looking at Cat Island on a map, and it looks like there's a good reef break on the north corner. It looks like it should be perfect for surf for those non wind days, and epic for the days with wind and surf...