PDA

View Full Version : next time you guys do a down winder put a note on ya car

mocean
11-22-2006, 04:28 PM
peter called me..realy freaked out.
roby had orgenized to meet him at love beach or nirvana?
and when he got there you cars where there, but no sign of any of you guys that where supposed to be riding there, he thought that for some reson that you all where messed up out there (in the surf) and nearly called basra and the water ploice.
anyways he called dave and I guess that mataeo told dave what you guys did.
anyways mabe next time you guys could leave a note on your car.... like a float plan you do beforeyou leave the dock on ya boat.
sorry to be the saftey officer but come on man that's prity carless fellaz.
aj

moylemuncha
11-23-2006, 06:45 AM
pretty careless - that's a good one.

mocean
11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
being a part of this forum is in my oppinion about the sport and saftey aspects of kiteboarding.
as well as local weather and chit chat about gear and we we are going to ride.
as our sport grows and more people in our country get into kiteboarding, I hope that they can learn from our mistakes and we can grow as a comunity.
we all come from diffearnt walks of life.
I'm not the best rider out there and I don't pretend to be, but I would like to see more bahamian and bahamian x pats giving kiteboarding a go.
and our small comunity will grow hopefully .

I will add more to this when I have more time
aj

dillette53
11-23-2006, 07:17 PM
thats a good idea aj./.....my fault about the note rookie mistake next time i will for sure think things thru....i appreciate the safety advice....u know im still young and think im unbreakable...so its always good to have someone reminding u....

mocean
11-24-2006, 07:47 AM
thanks robby
it takes a man to admit his mistakes.
aj

Matteo
11-24-2006, 12:36 PM
AJ, I know you are pissed but we did not want to upset anybody. Let's analize what happened: I met up with Mark at Orange Hill and after riding 10-13k and knowing that the wind would have dropped we decided to drive to Love beach and make a downwinder to Orange Hill. Just about to leave Robbie joined us. In all honesty we did not think about informing anybody, the wind was light (10-15k) and was cross-on, not that we went out in 20k + in off shore wind. Worse case I thought that we would ended up somewhere between Love Beach and Orange Hill.

I understand your concern but you all know us pretty well and you know that we would not do anything stupid.

Shit can always happen but this is why we don't go out alone, we always judge the condition and we don't take any chances especially after what happened to you.

Next time I will let somebody know what the plan is.

mocean
11-24-2006, 12:57 PM
the time that I went tow surfing with mark , I called dave and left a message on his phone to say if he dosent hear from me after 5pm this is where we are and the discription on my jetski.....float plan.
you guys are all good riders and verry exp...
and it's not up to me to gudge you ..I was as concerned as pedro was..and I just think there is a better safer way to do things.
aj

balloonboy
11-24-2006, 01:50 PM
I wasn't concerned for a moment. Ok for a nano-second when Peter called.

But I was confused. I sit overlooking the (Orange Hill) beach I looked up and saw the cars but never saw any kites- I figured they did a quick downwinder and I missed them -OR- an upwinder. But it takes a while to rig a kite and launch so it must have been a downwinder from LB or something.

When I saw the 3 kites coming downwind I put it together.

moylemuncha
11-28-2006, 07:40 AM
All I was trying to suggest was that making indirect, missguided judgments on people, on this forum, can be very insulting, at least for me personally

to then loose it because I stick up for myself ???

you are suposed to moderate this site - not piss people off and then wage war on them if they react