PDA

View Full Version : Down winda (Yamacraw-Blue Hill) This Saturday(July1)

PrayFaWind27
06-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Anyone's up for a it? We have a few virgins to kiteboarding and this would be a good way to get break in :D besides, ya ain't officially a kite boarder until ya do a down winda

mocean
06-27-2006, 08:25 AM
I'll give you a run for your money.
why don't we have a race from yamamcraw to blue hill.
aj

Matteo
06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm down for it but I would leave the race to someone else...I will take as long as I can to enjoy that flat water !! By the way, when it's low tide ??

PrayFaWind27
06-27-2006, 04:25 PM
I agree with Metteo, ain’t no racing the water is way
to sweet and AJ, if you come you’ll see why it’s just for
cruising, Metteo! this time ya better follow me into those canals ;-)
the tide is going to be high at 12pm. I betcha Muncha is not going
to miss out on this ride again,Balloon B no questions just show up, you’re
coming, so! we’ve got our kites, boards and riders, now all we need is the wind;-)
so far it’s looking like 12-14knots ESE.

mocean
06-28-2006, 08:19 AM
90% chance that I will be in harbor island this weekend to teach sorry.
if anything changes I will see you guys in the morning on sat.

::aj::
ps have a look at my pic up date
http://www.cross-shore.com/pictures.html

PrayFaWind27
06-28-2006, 05:02 PM
The pics are cool indeed, but, my favorite is still with that woman, doing that air with the bikini in her butt :twisted: ,
Going to miss ya on the water,AJ, I monitor 4 different weather sites and all are predicting 4 days of good wind this Friday evening Sat, Sun,Mon and Tues, I’m not going
to miss one of those days if they come to pass. I better put some glue on my lab rat make sure it doesn’t fall apart :D .

ricki
06-28-2006, 05:39 PM
Nice shots AJ. Hope you guys get some good conditions. Have you tried the new Contra 14 m yet? I was out on one last Friday in conditions even too light for it for the most part. It had been blowing 18 kts. for about 4 hours until I got there. Still, it looks like it is a performer, want to see if it will out do one Switchblade 12 m. I managed to slide a nice cut in my foot during a board dismount so no riding for me for a few more days.

She does have a way about her to be sure PFW. I shot a ton of photos of her at Kite4Girls. The sensors stopped me from posting some of them, damn!

Matteo
06-28-2006, 08:23 PM
Shum, did u pay AJ for all those pictures or what ??

Let's keep the fingers crossed....so far the forecasts are very promising. And Sunday it's looking even better....

10am at BH ??

PrayFaWind27
06-29-2006, 05:32 AM
To date, those are the best pictures of me riding, for real!
(Thanks AJ) rockin the Cabrinha hard, ain’t I , This weekend
Is going to be crazy for real, I know I’m going to be able
to master the board offs. I’m taking Sunday off :twisted: , I’m planning
to take full advantage of all the wind from dawn till dusk, ride till my
arms fall off. Anyone talk to Balloon B and Peter bout the down winda?
I tried callin but got no answer.

BigR
06-29-2006, 06:18 AM
Shuman ,
I think you should have the makers of superglue sponsor you for creative board repairs, LOL! :lol:

good luck to all wind hunting this weekend! :D

PrayFaWind27
07-03-2006, 12:56 PM
I'm dying for a new board, the hearts willing,by the wallet isn't, besides
i'm crazy for the 06 120 protoy and there's no wind for that board right now, so by the next windy season,i know the price is going to drop( i hope)

balloonboy
07-04-2006, 11:03 AM
spend less on yer girlfriend and more on kiting- its the more reliable of the two.

mocean
07-04-2006, 05:47 PM
I have been out a few times on it and loved every moment.
my honest oppinion is that it is not as strong as the sb 16 or cb 16 but what it makes up in is manoverabilty wich helps light you up.
I have been out a a few cabrinha boards but I tell ya my fave board at the moment is the airush exile (thanks dave)
that board and kite combo is my summer fling.

::aj::