PDA

View Full Version : george town exuma

mocean
02-27-2006, 10:26 AM
man what a place for riding.
went out on the atlantic side for a ride lasted 1 1/2 hours in the 8 foot waves wind on shore 18 to 22 kts.
my legs where like jelly when I finnished in the waves , I have never jumped higher before. (sick) steady waves and wind.
there where 2 snobby local guys who dident even hail me so I went and said gday to them.
I think they where spun out that some one had found there secret spot.
anyways I will be running trips to GT exuma everymonth starting end of march.
trips will be posted on www.cross-shore.com and www.thekitehouse.com
what a place.
aj

Matteo
02-28-2006, 03:31 PM
I have few days off in April, let me know if you need a hand with the trip.

I read about the Exumas on the kiteforum.com, it must be awesome and can't wait to go.

PM me all the details....

seeyousoon
m

RobA
03-27-2006, 05:09 AM
The area in George town you talk about. Is it stocking Island? The area with the chat and chill bar?

I spent 2 months there on my boat. Met a couple "locals" Young guys, but they open up if you approach them. Actually offered to give me lessons if I got some stuff shipped in. I am really glad I wated until the D.R. to get real lessons.....

Cant wait to sail back through this area though, I hit 3 sections of the bahamas, Abaco, Exuma, and Southern Bahamas. All 3 have tons of great non inhabited beaches.

More of the beaches are on the west side....but lots of cold fronts in the winter can clock the prevailing winds around.....should be interesting to scope out spots on my way through.

mocean
03-28-2006, 04:49 PM
yea the young gys there, are a bit stand offish they are home schooled and I guess didn't realy get to mingel with people to much.
glad you got some "real lessons in dr" the area is stocking island nice place.
nice waves on the ocean side and flat water on the harbor side.
as soon as I know more about the trip I will put a post up for our local riders it will be a trip from gt TO nassau riding through the exuma cays.
space will be limited to about 6 guys no wives or girls unless they ride.
and I think it's time for another board riders BBQ what do you guys think?
aj