FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM

wish those germans didnt charge $2500 for a kite steveO. I'd love to have one but thats too rich 4 me.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:22 AM

Yes I ride SB3's have a bunch of different sizes. I picked up the flysurfer 19 used from some rich guy on the west coast for half price. I bought it to allow me to take advantage of the summer months here. I would like to find a 12m speed II used and hope that when the new model speed III comes out this summer it will put some of the speed 2's on the used market, (I can't bring my self to pay full boat on one either). I have read enough to know that they are selling these things as cheep as they can. There is a ton of labor and material inside of that kite, it is truly an amazing peice of engineering, they have thought of and addressed lots of things that wouldn't cross your mind. Water exits, sand flow inside the kite to exit points, self opening vents if you pile dirve it into the water to keep from blowing up a cell. fuse lines at the bridle points so you don't break a bridle line if the kite gets hung up on something, complete depower 5th line. After watching the used market for about 8 months last year I found one for my buddy and he got a Speed II 19m with no use on it at all (truley like new) for $1500 from a guy in Cocoa Beach, so they can be had. If you don't weigh 200# plus I would consider the 15m speed II as the 19 can be a hand full for the lighter folks. Don't buy a speed 1 or speed 1.5 they are very different kites and you can find them pretty easy out there, but they do not have the relaunch or depower function that makes the speed II what it is.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 PM

Great info! Thanks.
Let me know when u will be down on the south side next time. I'd love to try yours or just see it riden.
Adios (and good ridence) 2008... Happy New Year!