FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-12-2006, 07:03 AM

Default EB Sunday

Despite Jim getting injured Sunday. (My prayers are with you Jim) It was an exceptional day. I showed up just after it nuked and to see the Fire Truck, Rangers, and Sheriffs Dept attending to Jim. I checked with Jim and he says he was ok and he gave me the low down on what happened. That slippery muck has come close to getting me a few times out there too Jim.

I sat around trying to figure out what I was going to ride. I only brought 2 kites with me, the 15 ION and a 5 meter Naish. I am glad Billy let me me use his 9m ION. Paul and I kept switching off riding it and it felt the same as the 15 ION. I might be purchasing the 9 meter ION sooner than I expected.

After a while the wind really started to die off and I pumped up the 15 and headed out. That's when my fun really started. It was blowing around 15mph and increased up to 20+. I was starting to have a hard time holding it down. So I did what any other kiter would do when it's starts to get harry, and I threw a big ass jump. :shock: It felt like I jumped 20 feet but it was probably more like 10 feet. The cool part was, as I started to come down, I sheeted the kite back in and started going back up again. I have never experienced this before. I then came down soft as a feather and rode in and put my kite down. I didn't want to temp fate any more that day. 8)

I let Danny (Inferno) try the kite and I don't think he wanted to give it back.

Big props today go out to Josh, Billy and Jayson. You guys were doing some amazing $hit. Josh I felt bad that the helmet cam wasn't recording because that footage would have looked unreal. We will get it next time and I will have a better pack back for you to wear.

Let's keep Jim in our prayer and wish him a fast recovery. I plan on visiting him today or tomorrow depending how he feels.

Remember to ride safe and warn others of unexpected dangers.
-Chris