FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2008, 07:45 PM

Default Course Racing Series

Anyone interested in doing some course racing next season.....
I have been wanting to get into course racing -looks like a ton of fun so I have been thinking about trying to get a season series going. I have been competitively racing sailboats for over 25 years but am pretty new to kiting so feel free to critisize any of my ideas...
-Course could be set up off of east beach, great location-could rest on sandbar between races, I have a perfect boat to use as race comittee and have access to marks (bouys), could use course configuration that was used in the nationals (or adjust as we see fit)
-Racedays would be flexible and somewhat impromptu, we would have maybe a 48 hour notice
-Scoring could be a system that we have used for our sailing summer series where you are scored on the races you participate in (not penalized for the races you dont race)

PS If this is someone elses "brain child" please forgive me , I would not want to step on anyones toes! (I would like to help though!)