FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-17-2007, 08:02 AM

Default Doh!!...

This was a freakin equipment loosin weekend apparently. Stupid current... and overhead swells. Well, I was about 400 yards offshore at TI and my toes grabbed the top of some massive swell and my board stuck to it. Seemed like every tack I made bodydragging only increased our seperation. Until I lost site all together. Dragged back to shore to borrow a my friends board. Went out looking for it but still couldn't find it. It's a Liquid Force Drop and it actually has my number on it but I think it may be easy to overlook. I've actually had it returned once before by the rangers at desoto. Hoping another good samaratin finds it. Though it doesn't look promising......

While my friend was running down the beach to bring me his board and help me, some douchebag stole his new Best harness and bar and lines. I can accept loosing my board. I actually wasn't even that upset. Too stoked from a day of wind finally. And I was boosting bigger than I ever had before. But this is straight up shitty!! Shoulda known better than to leave his gear unwatched on that beach but still. It's F'd up!!

Fortunately, even after a sad ending, we were both just so happy to finally have some dang wind!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Skyway Scott

Maybe Josh found it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshTaylor View Post
My brother found a board.

but it is not a Agression.. sorry.

it's a liquid force...
That sucks that people stole stuff. That's not that common for this area.
Thieves suck.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:48 AM

Default lost LF board

Thanks Scott. I pm'd Josh. Apparently his brother found it late at night on mad beach which would fit. Keepin my fingers crossed!!

ANd yes.. Thieves do Suck!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:00 AM
Skyway Scott

Sweet! Props to Josh and his brother.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:01 AM

Thumbs up

Toby,
That Mako you have is a true rescue board! Last season I used it to go back out into the Gulf and located my board the I had lost. Thanks to you and your board, I recovered my UG FLX152!

You should paint it Red and put a cross on it...maybe even
add a yellow beacon.

Thanks again for you help that day.

Big G
Old 12-18-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Board Found

My board was found by a visiting tourist at Pass a Grille. The man was nice enough to hold on to it for me and he noticed my name and number on it today. I will be getting it back tomorrow as an early Christmas present-possibly just in time for the next front. Thanks for everyone's support and good luck to the others that lost their boards on Sunday.

Bruce
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 AM
Skyway Scott

Awesome.

It obviously pays to put your name and number on your boards.
NICE
Old 12-19-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Toby,
That Mako you have is a true rescue board! Last season I used it to go back out into the Gulf and located my board the I had lost. Thanks to you and your board, I recovered my UG FLX152!

You should paint it Red and put a cross on it...maybe even
add a yellow beacon.

Thanks again for you help that day.

Big G
Yeah, that is why I ended up splurging to buy the wakestyle Mako (134) when I already had the longer Mako (150). Those boards rock! And props to Bayflite for getting them for me from Ocean Rodeo!!!

Gotta thank you too Gary...and also Paul Lum for the WAY you lost both of your boards that day...

I had equipment failure when I broke my Chicken Loop and my BRAND NEW 16M Slingshot Octane was off to the races, tumbling downwind in the Gulf of Mexico on a VERY rough day (I was riding suicide). Gary and Paul BOTH came to make sure I was okay, then BOLTED for my kite to try and save it. They both lost their boards in the rough surf as they tried to recover my lost kite. PROPS to you both for trying to help a bro in need!!! That, to me was the definition of selflessness...