FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-06-2007, 12:20 PM

toby.. i think you meant to post that on www.bashbestkiteforum.com..

lets not start brainwashing a new rider just yet...

Dan got his 16m in from real and its in great shape.
he ordered a 12 and 9 immediately after.. plus got a bar/lines for cheap cheap cheap..

deals are out there for all kite brands if you look. 2006 waroos saturated the market and i think these will be be $200 by the end of summer...

2006 waroos are great kites.. ive had my 12 and 9 for over a year now and not a single flaw (prob just jinxed myself..).. put my 12 in a tree twice and crashed more than i could count.. i have tons of hours on this kite and i always inflate to MAX pressure.. (Jayson told me once "that is the most inflated kite i have ever touched")..

i think quality control on the 2006 waroos were an issue.. some reported insane problems with nearly new kites.. my bridles and pulleys are in near perfect condition.. not a sign of wear on my bridles at all.. some people wore through theirs in weeks.. VERY ODD and smells of horrible quality control. i do think best kicked it up for the 2007.. dont see any major issues reported on these kites.

age old arguments of course...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 03-06-2007, 12:51 PM

0 problems w/ leading edge. (again.. i sense a jinx in the makings)

12m waroo had slight leak in one strut bladder when i first received it. Best sent me 2 replacement bladders the next day.

the BEST vs the Rest debate will go on forever.. and ever... and ever...

this horse has been beat too many times.

Thing is, if I was to teach someone to kite I would start them on a C kite.

I think everyone needs to fly a C kite to begin with to really understand the kites power and learn to edge against it. I can tell you that I have lost a lot of my edging skills. I rode that Monkey Kite last week for a while and tho it has some good depower, its no where close to a waroo. When the wind picked up I was going "WOAH!! Been a while since I've nearly been toppled over by my kite".

I think a good 13 or 15 meter C kite is perfect for learning.
Learn to get up and go, plane, go upwind, maybe small jumps..then make that decision on where to go from there.

my 2 cents.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 03-06-2007, 02:00 PM
invisible

Toby didn't you blow the LE bladder on just about every kite multiple times? Seems like every month you post that you blew the LE. What brands were those kites?

Bryan, have you ever blown your LE on a best kite? I sure haven't and I've had 7 of them so far.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Best Prices

Wow I didnt know you could get a new Best kite for 500 bucks complete! LOL I thought that was just for the 07 kite and there 07 bar is about 300 bucks more. Best does advertise that a la cart stuff and more power to them. I love how the advetise that the 07 Waroo starts at 394, but thats for a 3 meter kite with no bar. LOL
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/07Waroo

I flew the 06 and really liked that kite. It kind of reminded me of the Ion just made cheaper and no one pump. Then again it was about half the price of a new Ion. Got to fly a 9 metet 07 Waroo and had a ton of fun on that one too. The 07 are seemed to be made much better and are a lot more stable IMO.

Waroos are great, but I have been luckly and found some really nice used Ozone and Flexi stuff for cheaper. If not for saving a ton of money on buying bascially used kites that where in new condition I would probably be flying best stuff too.

That 07 bar is worth every penny because they are the shizniz! I know you can find a used 06 Best kite complete for 500 bucks with a 06 bar, and not the 07. The 06 bar was kind of lame I thought, but you can get the upgrade kite for about 80 bucks to make them a 07 bar bascially. I did it to my RRD bar and it worked out very nicely!

RS
Old 03-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Doesn't this kite come complete though??? Add $300 to your Waroo cost for a bar good buddy!!!

You guys need more to do with your time. Danny comparing the cost of a 7M kite to the cost of a 17M kite (WTF is that all about???), Tom busting on failing bladders...HA!!! ALL kites have issues of some sort or another...the Waroo for example has LE seam issues...

For example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Best-Kite-06-16m...QQcmdZViewItem

BUT SO WHAT!!! ALL kites have issues, it is the nature of the beast, NOT the nature of the Best, wake up...the rest of us don't care if you got a cheap kite or an expensive one. The fact is that they all fly and we are all out to have a good time. Now get your heads out of your asses and quit being so paranoid about Best.

Noone is Best-bashing!!! I had a 15M 2007 Best Waroo delivered to my door just yesterday and Amber already has a 2006 12M Waroo that I ride regularly...

The topic of my response was PURELY that Tom obviously overexaggerated about the price. The reaction to my post (other than Bryan's rational one saying people should learn on C kites) really does not even deserve this much of a response...
Old 03-06-2007, 02:25 PM
invisible

Ok, maybe I exaggerated a little but I did post the prices I paid, and the prices of kites that could cost 5x as much.

Here is the actual price of my 12M waroo brand new from kite gear exchange:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160063578227

My point was that waroos can be found for very good prices if you take the time to look around.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Price

Yeah you can find a good price on any kite if you look around. I just picked up a 07 9 meter Atom that was bascially new with a brand new Axis Flexi bar and lines for 650. That kite on ebay again is for kite only, slap another 300 bucks for the 07 bars. or 250 for a 06 bar then purchasing the 07 Waroo upgrade. Waroos are great don't get me wrong, but the prices just seem really cheap on there site because of the a la cart pricing.

RS
Old 03-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Danimal,
I came from a long wakeboarding history too. You'll definitely need a light wind board for around here. Good light wind boards have very little rocker and are typically pretty wide. For your high wind board you can actually use your regular wakeboard, if you want to save money, despite what people say. I did for years. Eventually you'll probably want to get something with a little more flex though, as I finally did. We're frequently riding chop while kiteboarding and the flex helps smooth the ride and also acts to give you more rocker at the times you need it while still being able to go upwind good. Lots of rocker = slow and not good upwind. With enough wind though... basically anything works.

On to bindings... Most people ride straps, but if you're anything like me you'll want to switch to wakeboard bindings as soon as you can go upwind consistently. Till then, for safety, stick with straps.

It's a great time to start. This is the first year that the equipment has started allowing me to ride the way I really want to.... lots of unhooked stuff and not afraid to drop the bar... just like wakeboarding. It's helped me alot. You'll be amazed at how quick the tricks come over. I've learned a lot this year, some of the tricks comes over on the first try and there's still quite a few I haven't even tried yet. And in the waves... Oh man... you can't buy boat wakes that big!

Have fun!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson View Post

Danny comparing the cost of a 7M kite to the cost of a 17M kite (WTF is that all about???),

here your link toby
http://www.realkiteboarding.com/inde...roductID=8177#
7m SS link for $1149
Old 03-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Skyway Scott

Actually 1399 complete (7m), but who cares.

I hear you Adam. If you mess up these days, it's not even close to what it was like 4 years ago. I remember you had a pretty bad run of luck there for awhile with kites hitting crab traps and some kook (uh, sorry) rigging your kite wrong and you getting dragged at the SW in that crap/mud and getting an infection.
Glad to see you out there again, for good.

Oh, the Donster tore PaG up today, seabreeze central.
It's that time of year when watching the cam, waiting for the SW to either hit zero, or due North, and being Johnny on the spot pays off. Too bad I am Johnny at work, most days.
At least Donna is gonna nail a bunch of seabreezes this season.

It's a shame the sensors that work only update every three hours and the one's that don't are real time. Anyway, here is what happened (after the fact) for the seabreeze.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 01-02-2008 at 03:44 PM.