FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-15-2008, 09:27 PM

Any info on the movie shoot that was taking place at East Beach today? They were shooting most of the shots from a white convertible that was being towed around on a flat bed. So thats how they shoot those in the car scenes...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
Some kite pics on gulfster.com from EB today. Looks like Steve, Jason, and Alex getting some nice shots. Like the board off Alex.

Grrrrrrrrr,...... shows those pesky surfers are invading our turf.......

LOL!
Old 03-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Any info on the movie shoot that was taking place at East Beach today? They were shooting most of the shots from a white convertible that was being towed around on a flat bed. So thats how they shoot those in the car scenes...
Yeah, they were driving down around the EB turnaround/cul de sac and a guy had a botched launch and landed the kite right on them.
The director yelled "cut" and the crew cut the kite to pieces.
(MOVIE MAGIC, brotha', movie magic)

J/K.

<Jason, were you out there?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:17 AM
<jason

Yea Scott I was there from about 11:30 till 5:00...

Fantastic freakin day... I was lit on my 13m....white waroo..what were u flying Scott?

Some dude was killing it w/a red waroo...

Had mine rigged to ac at first and was having a little trouble...
Almost crashed my kite on some slingshot(fuel-machine?) rider, man he was pissed yelling at me and sh1t...i apoligized a bunch of times...but he didnt seem to care
So I told him to go FU_K himself.......................

Anyway, came in switched to AA and was all good....

Ill tell u though... Its sometimes hard to figure out where to put your kite with all that traffic...

My wife was telling me someone launched their kite downwind.. Bar ended up in a tree kite ended up on someones truck...popped le i think....ops.!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:

who do ya think?
Old 03-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Skyway Scott

I was on a red waroo. I was killing myself, not "it". My right hip is messed up today.

A few other guys were actually killing "it".

It wasn't until I got home that I put 2+2 together and figured out that was probably you.
I am assuming you were always fairly upwind (more S) than most, but not like all (like Donna and Lori).

What board were you on? I wish I would have figured things out faster, I would have let you ride mine to see if it makes a difference.
Don't hesitate to ask next time and I will recognize you.
If you are the rider I think you are, I think that board was schlogging you out. (maybe not)
I would have liked to have seen if another one made a difference.

Yeah, your wife saw the incident that I will remember as "man stuck in tree, kite stuck on yellow hummer" (I don't think Steve knows his Hummer got hit).
That was semi funny. The palm tree was only 7 feet high and the guy ended up stuck in the "bushy" part of the tree for a few seconds.

Whoever you crashed on is probably over it. I get pissed at times too. It's usually just in the moment and gone at the end of the day or even 30 seconds later. I had a new rider upwind of me with their kite WAY low force my kite into the water. I yelled. I wasn't really that mad, but that's how people learn. Jay yelled at me 7 years ago in the exact same scenario. I learned.
I wouldn't worry about it. I was riding close to you much of the day. You seemed to be doing nothing repeatedly wrong that I could see.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:46 AM

Went to Bongos for a d-winder w/Eric after a good morning session. While passing T.I., saw someone teaching. Looked as though 3 newbies and 1 instructor. Newbies all had kites in the air and at the waters edge. Did not see any boards. Lots, and I mean lots of tourist and spr.breakers crowding around.

However was teaching, waved me off as though I was to close to his inexperienced riders. Didn't think I was close to any of them I was really only trying to get a look and see if indeed they were all students.

Couldn't realy tell, looked unsafe IMAO so we kept on going. Good luck teaching with that many people around.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Skyway Scott

Someone called me about a similar incident near the Undertow and left a voice mail, but I can't figure it out who.
I couldn't return the call 'cuz they didn't leave their name (phone was off, wouldn't track who called).
The message made it sound like a bystander (a kid) got drilled.
Does anyone have info on this?
I can't figure out if it was for real, a joke, or what.

If it is real, can anyone think of a worse place to give a lesson than water's edge at the Undertow?
I bet there were literally thousands of people out there. Unreal.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:18 AM
<jason

yea I was trying to stay upwind of all that traffic....so im sure that was me... ive never rode for that long, im pretty sore...better try to rest today if the race is tomorrow huh....

Man I need some practice jumping...landed a few very small whips slammed into the water backwards when I actually tried to send it...

I cant figure out how u guys have so much control when in the air... most of the time I just get spun around and cant tell up from down :shock: I know its experience... but after hitting the water hard a few times, I got nervous to send it hard.... ouch

Was their someone else up wind where I (we) were with a ckite (naish?)
Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <jason View Post
Yea Scott I was there from about 11:30 till 5:00...

Fantastic freakin day... I was lit on my 13m....white waroo..what were u flying Scott?

Had mine rigged to ac at first and was having a little trouble...
Almost crashed my kite on some slingshot(fuel-machine?) rider, man he was pissed yelling at me and sh1t...i apoligized a bunch of times...but he didnt seem to care
So I told him to go FU_K himself.......................

Anyway, came in switched to AA and was all good....

Ill tell u though... Its sometimes hard to figure out where to put your kite with all that traffic...

My wife was telling me someone launched their kite downwind.. Bar ended up in a tree kite ended up on someones truck...popped le i think....ops.!!!
Yes, Jason it was me the one that you almost chopped my head off. This is the first time I yelled to some other rider like that in my life but since I saw you a couple of times doing some erratic kite maneuvering, I decided try to stay away from you. However, apparently I did not do well enough. You will understand my reaction someday. No worries as far I concern this incident is in the past. Good luck!