FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 07-25-2008, 06:49 AM

mike,

It is unfortunate that that you feel the need to get into a pissing match over such a small issue here.

I'm positive that I told you the kite was a bit beat up and needed work.

I'm also positive that the add did not say kite complete.(thanks tom)

I'm also positive that I paid for the shipping.

I'm also a very positive person...so the negative impulses that I'm feeling right now aren't gonna get the best of me.

I look forward to your next visit to St Pete so we can settle this matter unlike a couple of 13 year old girls on my space.

peace
Old 07-25-2008, 08:28 AM

Bryan,

What's up? You are right to a point. Yes, you didn't say the kite was complete but you also (in the post) didn't say the kite was incomplete. The wingtip battens are a must in PL Venoms. Also for future reference, since I used to fly PLs, they don't fly by themselves. They do auto-zienith. There is a big difference especially when talking to a noob. If in the future someone feels that they don't need to say the kite is complete then nobody can get mad when they get an inflatable without bladders. I didn't say it was complete.

I'm not trying to start an argument or loose friends over this but as a shop owner this needs to be taken care of. If this person lived in St. Pete, would it have been taken care of differently?? Think about it!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Tom Stock

I made the post for the kite, not Bryan. He doesn't run the website, I do it for him as a favor.

I had this kite a few weeks before he shipped it. The wing tip battens are already INSTALLED. At least they were when I gave the kite back to bayflite. How do I know? Because I was going to remove them to pack the kite smaller but the zippers were stiff so I didn't bother, I just left them in. Since they were still salted and stiff when you got it, it's entirely unlikely that they were ever removed.

I'm assuming you are referring to a different set of spars (which I didn't even know existed) but I've asked three times and you haven't answered the question once.

Quote:
Also for future reference, since I used to fly PLs, they don't fly by themselves.
See for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSWfi5AMT2E

And this one just because it rocks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bai0C...eature=related

-tom
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 AM

Not once in the video do you see the riders let go of the bar while riding. That is because it does not fly by it self. You must tell the kite to turn left, turn right, kite loop, etc... What the kite does do is "auto-zienith". When you let go of the bar, it (the kite) will automaticly goto the zienith. 12 o'clock or neutral and only if the lines are perfectly even. Hense the term "auto-zienith". It will not land itself or launch itself so saying it flys itself is not a good statement to tell a noob.

PS - Sorry for not knowing that you posted the add. The post says "Where's Bryan" not "Where's Tom".
Old 07-25-2008, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post

The post says "Where's Bryan" not "Where's Tom".
forget about Bryan and Tom.... im still trying to find Waldo....been looking since the 3rd grade

had to lighten the thread up
Old 07-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Skyway Scott

This is an easy one.
Mike needs to take a pic of the kite and show us the spars removed (sounds like it was not possible to remove them).

I too am not trying to start a fight, but one thing has become ABUNDANTLY clear to me in the last year. On the internet, he said/she said is a losing situation, because facts are conveniently left out or tweaked. It's quite sickening.
It's the primary reason I don't say too much about "situations" anymore. It's sort of pointless when people take lying so lightly.

In this case, a simple pic of the kite will solve the issue of whether the spars are in there. Right?

I have known Bryan an awful long time. He is not perfect. But, the last thing I would ever expect of him is to purposefully lie to make a buck.
I have seen him just give stuff away or sell it at a loss, so that sounds way out of character.

If the spars are gone and the zippers aren't totally torn to shreds, I will PayPal this guy 40 bucks and help to resolve the issue.
Bryan has been known to forget on occasion.
I have no idea what the original conversation was, and don't care. I haven't called Bryan and asked him about this... again, I don't care.
Bryan has given me well over 40 bucks of burgers, drinks and kite stuff over the last 6 years.

If no pic comes up on here, or if one does, but the region where the spars were look like wolves attacked it, I won't be too impressed.
If it comes up with no spars and the area is clear, Mike will get his money today using PayPal.

I still remember when the kiting community was small and relatively tight knit. We all knew one another. Those days are long gone.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM

speaking of internet transactions...

I knew a guy who bought a kite that was in "Excellent condition with no repairs"

and the reality was there were about 5 pinholes in the kite, very small. Even though I would not consider that excellent condition the add did say no repairs which makes you think there would be nothing to repair when in fact there were some small holes.

So no repairs doesn't mean no damage...
Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 PM

mark,
i will call you today.

noel
the kite does fly itself.
why do you have to bring zenith into this?
they make great television sets.

Wow, by looking at all the views this thread has generated, i'm kinda bummed out.
i guess its all about the negative.
look how few views the real positive threads get.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:21 PM

Beach Day 4 the kids got over 2000+ views......don't get too down brotha.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:33 AM

Bryan,
I need some window/screen work done at the house and at my office. Give me a call on Monday so we can take a look at those projects.