FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Skyway Scott

The best value in kites is the close outs on 2007 kites, imo. You can get some sick deals on some kites right now. Then ride it for a season, sell it for 200 less than you bought it while it's in good shape, and buy a 2008 kite (new) at closeout this time next year.
Repeat the process every year. You end up literally only paying 200 to 300 (max) a year for a kite that way.

Some of the most heavily marked up kites are the most discounted (makes sense, because they clear them out just a tad above cost the longer they sit around) so you can get deals on all brands this time of year. Cars are the same way.
Some people like brand new cars. Some wait for the price to depreciate at the end of the year before buying.
The beauty is, the kite doesn't rust or truly deteriorate while sitting inside, not in my experience anyway.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:07 PM

I can agree with that. We have all kinds of stuff on clearance. Anyone buying an 07 kite or board is getting a killer deal and a half.

Like some....I am just a peace loving hippie!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Tom Stock

no kidding.. I got my 06 waroos in 07 for $350-$400 each brand new, never inflated, valves still sealed with foam!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM

i considered waiting for the 2008's to go on the used market.. was not interested in the 2007's ...but with the bridle failures of my old kites and since Ive been thinking this over for a while i figured it was time to take the plunge.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 01-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Skyway Scott

I obviously did the same thing. I think the 08 'roo smokes the 07 and it was worth it for me to pass on the 07 bargains.

I doubt from here on out the SLEs can outdo themselves at such a fast pace as they have been the last couple of years though.
Even if they do, I would be happy riding my current 9m and 15m forever, if it came to that.

Next year I will be buying 08s, most likely.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
I think you did your math wrong.

08 Waroo quiver (15M, 11M, 9M + bar and lines (who needs 3 bars): $2696.00 + tax
08 SBIII quiver (16M,12M,8M): $4817.00 + tax

5154.00 SB3s after tax
2884.00 WAROOs after tax
======
2270.00 less expensive quiver.
Why would you waste your time even posting something like that?

If anyone reading this crap walks into their local shop that carries inventory any where in Florida ( in our case WSW) and tells them you want to buy the above mentioned SBIII quiver you will quickly find out what BS this is.

I have purchased my Best Waroo, my Cabrinha 8, 10, 12, 14 SB3's & 17 Contra at WSW along with my Ozone Edge 13, Slingshot B3, 8, 12, & 16 Octains there. I recieved the best of customer service on each of the brands. If the manufacture wouldn't cover it or WSW came up with a fare and accecptable solution every time, even if it was at their expense.

Yes I have some overlap in my quiver. I like kites more than money. Kites turn money into fun for me. That does not make me stupid, after all I'm smart enough to make the money to buy the kites.

I'm not dumb enough to buy into the above post, and only take the time to post this to help out someone new to our sport that is reading this forum to learn something and might take it for true.

I have purchased kites not listed above from several shops in Florida. Met really nice and helpful people in each of the shops from the panhandle to Ft. Lauderdale. Just like I did at WSW.

When we have a race or event here in the Bay area our local shop is the first to step up with prizes, sponsership and resources to help.

Support your local shop so that when you need a part or peice to ride the next day you can walk in, dig through tens of, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of inventory and get it.

Just an OGs opinion. Enjoy the power of the wind.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Can't Re-member

I don't think Tom was actually bieng serious when he made those posts,
he just wanted to play with me. Guess I was easy to bait, huh Tom?

Oh , and thanks for playing our game Tom!!!! LOL!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:06 AM

Oh, never mind
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 AM

Yeah, I didn't bite. But thanks for the nice words anyways Whitey!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Tom Stock

I was playing games with Raul. But those are the actual retail prices.

Of course no kite is actually sold at retail when you show up with cash in hand.