FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-11-2006, 03:35 PM

I'm glad to hear that Gary came up with a deal with our local store. All this topic started because of my lost board, which I'm glad to inform you that I've replaced for a 157 custom made UG that i bought from Scott/Donna. So I'm ready to get back in the water again. I've been dry for too long and the waiting has been painful. However, I'm now ready to continue my journey into the blue.

Thanks to all the great kiteboarding community in the bay area who showed their support :P

Erick
Old 10-11-2006, 04:12 PM
Skyway Scott

All I know is that UG makes great boards.

I still love my custom 137 by 40 wavetray. I ride it in 20 to... you name it.
Donna has one too, its her favorite board.

UG is huge in St. Pete for a reason, their boards rock
They are huge here in St. Augustine, too.

Erick, prepare to scream upwind :wink:
Old 10-11-2006, 05:16 PM

Agreed. But they can't just pump out profits and ignore warranties that they PROMISED. You can have the best product in the world of its type and still not be the best in the business because you start to treat your customers like numbers, not people and don't even keep your promises.

It is purely an integrity issue and one of my good friends is involved here. I'm just calling it how I see it Scott. If there is more to this story then please enlighten me but it appears as though they didn't do their customer justice here. They won't be the only company with boards this good for long with the way this sport is progressing. If they want their customers to be loyal to them in the long run, they need to be loyal to those same customers.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Skyway Scott

The thread has been brought to Adrian's attention.
I start to get pretty sick of he said this, he said that stuff.
He may choose not to respond, but at least he'll see it and have a choice.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:55 AM

Default Please post UG response

Hey Scott, can you please post there response on this matter. I own two UG FLX that I bought this year and I love them. The problem is Toby is right, if they are not going to honor there word these will be the last of UG board I will buy. There are too many other company out there that are comming out with some awesome board that would love the business UG gets. It only takes a few guys to buy some of those Nobile, Aggression, Nomad, etc. Start riding it and loving them as much as there UG. It is amazing what people buy because what they see other people riding. Especially newbies that are wanting to get into the sport. Hopefully there is a good reason for why they did not replace the board.

Thanks Scott.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:54 AM

My personal opinion is that a product by itself might be great. However, what truly makes a great products is how rates on customer satisfaction.

I agree with Toby. I had an UG and I loved it but if it would have been my board the one the broke instead of Gary's then I would have been pissed up too. That's why those boards cost $700 and not $50.

I was on that day riding with Gary so I know how the board broke. The guarantee should have covered that board.

Imagine buying a car and the next day while driving it breaks. I have worked in Quality Control and in isolated cases some products are manufactured defective. Recent recalls on Sony and Dell are some examples. Responsible companies give the customer the benefit of the doubt.

What most companies do is to inspect the product and then determine the cause of the problem. If they can’t determine the cause of the problem then they replace the product. No question asked. I know you sent pictures but Gary did UG asked for the board to examine it? It should be in the best interest for UG to inspect that board. That decision of not covering the guarantee might at the end be more costly for UG.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Skyway Scott

This thread is a joke.
From what I understand Adrian and UG are helping to sponsor the race and some of you guys trash the company with limited one sided information.
Good going. :roll:
He responded to me. My link I provided him didn't work.
He will probably tell us the real deal on here. I hate one sided attacks.
It never ceases to amaze me how bad press (possibly unsubstantiated) spreads like an illness. Especially in St. Pete where UG is so dominant with happy riders, this is very hard to even relate to.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 PM
tomstock

Well since underground wouldn't honor the warranty, thats great news that Watersports West stepped up to plate and gave you one of their boards off the shelf at a good price. What kind of price did they give you on it?

I have to ask tho, if you are so unhappy with UG why didn't you get a different brand in exchange?

Sheesh I had to edit this 4 times because of typos... that's just rediculous.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:10 PM

Scott,

Chill man.

Noone is attacking anyone. We are just concerned about customer service, that's all. I am sure Adrian will shed some light on the matter and all will be well. I LOVE his product, the best boards in the business in my opinion. No drama needed here. If there is a reasonable explanation then this thread can be deleted and we will all go about our business. But a warranty is a warranty, bottom line and between Amber and I we have about 2,100 tied up in his boards so I think I have reason for concern. Opinions and perceptions, we are all entitled to our own and they are never always the same as everyone elses. This forum just like any other forum covering any other topic is an area for discussions in which opinions and perceptions are and should be shared, good or bad. If we all had the same opinion and/or perception of any given topic, this world would be a pretty dull place, dontchathink?
Old 10-12-2006, 01:51 PM
Skyway Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G
For those that are interested in knowing....

The board was not covered by Underground yet met there warranty requirements. It was within its warranty period of 1 year from its purchase date which is when a warranty period begins. When you buy an item that is sold with a warranty, your warranty starts the day you buy the item not they day the item was made! That’s would be asinine!!!!

I have photos of the stress brake on my board that were sent directly to Underground, specifically Adrian. He responded with a less than acceptable offer of a reduced price on another boards. Is he fricken crazy!!! You sold me one crap board and the he wants me to buy another? Go F__ck! yourself.

Yes, I'm heated about the companies lack of responsibility to there own so called warranty and how they have left myself and a few others with boards the should have been warranted and were not.

If anyone has any further questions to this matter, feel free to contact me directly and I will be sure that your clear on my experience with this company.

Watersports West did the honorable thing and therefore I am happy that I did buy this board from them. I'm sure there are a few other shops that would have done the same under similar circumstances to keep a customer happy.

Big G
Me chill? No drama needed? Funny stuff.
Who flew off the handle first and then kept this stuff going?

This is an attack (go f%ck yourself ?) which was followed by more hints at UG not honoring warranties.

Some people should think before posting such negative comments.
The guy/company being attacked now has a chance to speak, if they wish.

Why did you get another UG Gary if you are so unhappy with them?
Weird.