FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-30-2006, 08:03 PM

Default Finally some Boom-Ba-clad wind.

October is starting out good, hope this marks the end of that wind drought , I’m Off Monday.
Tuesday looks pretty good as well, if so I can not go to work . I don’t know about anyone else
but I’m craving like a crack head to feel the water beneath my board
Old 10-01-2006, 08:16 PM

You mean your new board, eh ?? And as per the wind I should not mention that I have to go back to Switzerland for the usual 2 weeks....so you guys know what this means, eh ??? but before I better enjoy this cold front !!! I just got back from a nice week end in Exumas....if only there was any wind !!! The place rocks and can't imagine riding between those islands in 15-20k E winds. The island basically runs from N to S so any kind of wind from N until S is rideable. We found some decent places to stay too, not too expensive, right on the beach with a pool, a sport bar and a couple of stores next to it. We can check it out again one day....
Old 10-02-2006, 07:32 AM

That 07 protoy design is very interesting the concave makes me and AJ think you don’t even need fins.
The fins that came with it are 4.0 waaaay to big and heavy wouldn’t even take them out of the bag. Balloon B or anyone do you have anything smaller anything from a 1.0- 1.5?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:44 PM

Try it before you dis. Always ride it stock- THEN change. How will you know if its better or not?!

But you know I like em small. I have some spares you can try- even some 0.75"ers.
Old 10-02-2006, 11:11 PM

Default yep it was pritttttty good to be back at goodmans

i had a good sesh, got freaked out when that squal got close and my knees where killing me, but it's that start of a new season.(time to get fit again)
with mateo bailen you guys know there is going to be wind.
shuman's new board the airush protoy is prity rad,I ll hold off on adjusting the finns for you if dave has some spares.
I think we should have a barbie for the end of the old shit season and the start of the rad windy season.
anyways looks like we have wind all week.
see you guys out there.
aj
Old 10-03-2006, 03:53 AM

Thanks Balloon B I do need them not for the ride itself because that board without the fins goes up wide easy. With the concave you don’t have to edge that board hard at all even in choppy water, I need it to
Land tricks in choppy water. I have a love ,hate, have to get use to it probably relationship with the foot pads right now, love it cause they make the board completely resistant to chops but hate cause you slip out of them so easy,but,board off are easier with that board being so easy to slip in and out of. I’ll see how it does with the fins today
Church is in session again and yesterdays service wasn’t bad at all. Mark and I was anointed with that squall and the airs was, glorious! 8)
P.S Has anyone notice that Bows have taken over Nassau and if there
are any plans BBQ, DVD night, etc, please have them after the 17 that's when my car gets here :lol: