FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-10-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Weekend Advice.... Conflicted

Hey guys! Needing some input on what to do this weekend.......

Fortunately or not, I'm out of a job at the moment so I have some flexiblility when it comes to riding. I'm definitely heading out tommorrow though I only have a 12m to ride and it might not happen.

And I'm thinking saturday the system might stall out....

So I've made plans to go to Stunt Wars in Lakeland (Rice rocket crazieness). Anyone else going? The thing is I've also been invited to a party in Gainesville that night. Which means no riding on Sunday. I'm worried that there might be too much rain on Sunday and/or not enough wind.

The sticker is that there will be lots of college girls from the physical therapy school at the party (and by lots... I mean lots!!!) and I can't decide on which to go for... girls or wind? I'd def pass on the girls for wind though (my social life is already so busy despite the kitesurfing.... probably why I haven't met/hung out with too many of you guys since my intro to the new sport

What's your guys advice? Should I come back saturday for hope of rideability of Sunday? Keep in mind the "no job" and that next week is looking pretty good. And the fact that I'm hurting for wind and maybe not so much girls And plus............ I'd rather ride .......... is that sad.. or am I just bragging now?
Old 01-11-2008, 06:39 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
and that next week is looking pretty good
You mean for girls, not for wind , right?

I would go hit that.........
Old 01-11-2008, 06:47 AM

Easy answer...

Whichever one blows the hardest...
Old 01-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Default Uh huh

I knew I'd get some great entertaining answers You can find girls everyday but wind.. if only you could sweet talk the gods!
Sorta lookin like it's gonna stall on Sunday now and maybe blow tomorrow I guess it's partying with the college girls then It'll be fun to find out which blows the hardest.....

Definitely rock the dreads Steve.. can't go wrong!!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 AM

Zen man!!!

You will have wind the rest of your life.

You will only get to go to college parties loaded with girls for a limited time.

I had neither in college so I have no sympathy for your situation. LOL!!!

Ride kites....hang with college hotties....ride kites....hang with college hotties....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????

One thing is for sho....I will be riding kites.

Late
Old 01-11-2008, 09:24 AM

Zen,

Just do what I do...

One of the last times I rode I was out till 4am. got up at 7:30, checked the forum, Called Mr. Kite-4-life, he said it was blowing at east beach so I showed up at east beach with my clothes on from the night before, changed in the parking lot, rode from 8:30 till 11, then went home and crashed!

You have all day to sleep, all night to party, and all morning to ride!

Woodson had the funniest answer, Steve-Os advice was probably the best.

Honestly, the way the wind has been lately you can't count on it to blow and if it does it probably won't be enough for a 12m... you will need a bigger kite!
Old 01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
Skyway Scott

I would hit UCF with Alex.

I would think of all the college girls in the whole state, the PT students at UF would be the least likely to totally let loose (I could be wrong) because they are very serious students. I was friends with many girls in the PT program when I was at UF. Partiers, they weren't.

We use to actually leave UF on weekends and go to UCF for better parties.
We called it "U Can't Fail". , and unbeknownst to Paul, I KNOW that is why Alex is there.

Maybe these girls are more like Girls Gone WilD, though (?) and things have changed. Hell, you have to go now, just to let us know!!

In terms of the wind. What wind?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:17 PM

Kite-4-Life I can't get you on (813)389-3683, is your phone working?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Mmmm... College girls

I don't know Scott... I went to school at UF over 10 years ago and the parties definitely did not suck. Actually they prevented me from actually getting a degree :mrgreen: I'm hoping that things Haven't changed!! Of course I did date a girl back then that was in PT and she was kindof a downer. But my friend that is throwing the party is in PT and definitely knows how to throw down.... I'll definitely find out and let you guys know

You've made a wise decision by ordering your dready wig Steve It won't take long for you to figure out why I haven't cut mine in 10 years... watchem flock!!

I'm out!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Skyway Scott

Let us know, for sure. It's all relative. The students at UF seemed more serious, the ones at UCF were "crazy"!
Not to try to out do you, but I saw UF go from the top rated party school to a "real" school, pretty fast, about 20 years ago (again, it's all relative).
I don't doubt the parties were good (most are) when you were there, but imagine an open campus, every single frat loaded with free drinks and the ability to walk in most at will, just going down frat row. I was not much of a partier in college (too much work) but when I did, I did it right.

It went from being a free for all on frat row and the plaza (rock bands, parties all the time) to being basically controlled, in terms of mass parties on a large scale. UF made a concerted effort to get rid of the party school image, and believe me, it showed. It's funny, you don't notice something until it's gone, and often, you never know something was possible, unless you have had it.

Anyway, that place was crazy up until about 84 to 87, then it got locked down, relatively speaking.
BTW, crazy for me now would be staying up until 11 pm and watching a movie ( )

If you can't tell, yes, I am reminiscing on glory days. Us old guys do that when you youngin's bitch about having to "choose" :mrgreen:
Have a great time! All parties are good, imo.

Oh, it was windy today. I didn't see that coming, but took it when it came.