FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-09-2009, 01:06 PM

Default Who's gotta foil??

Hey what's up all?!

I'm really thinking more and more about a flysurfer speed but not enough people around here fly em.. or foils at all. I've done all the research (pros/cons) but want to decide for myself.

Anyhow, we all know how much they cost, so I prob won't be buying one without demoing first.

Does anyone have a FS or maybe a Peter Lynn foil that they'd be willing to let me take for a spin?

Thanks
Kevin
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Your welcome to try my Peter Lynn's. I have several older ones but have flown the charger also. Here are the prices for the Charger. $719.00 6 m kite-only
$1,045.00 6 m kite complete
$799.00 8 m kite only
$1,119.00 8 m kite complete
$899.00 10 m kite-only
$1,215.00 10 m kite complete
$1,019.00 12 m kite-only
$1,335.00 12 m kite complete
$1,139.00 15 m kite-only
$1,449.00 15 m kite complete
$1,259.00 19 m kite-only
$1,569.00 19 m kite complete

Contact me at action967@msn.com for more info ............aj
Old 12-09-2009, 05:42 PM

There are several people flying Foils around here. One of my buddies just bought a quiver of Fly Surfers. If you show up at Honeymoon Island on a S or SW you will probably see several people flying them out there. I cant speak for everyone but my buddy will probably let you take a spin. I flew his 15M Speed 3 today - very nice kite. Craig flies the F/S and may respond to this thread as well.

Tony
Old 12-09-2009, 06:11 PM

Smile

I gotta foil...... or three. I ride up on the north end of the county most of the time. Send me a PM. I will expose you to the fun. No need to bring your pump.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:31 AM

Hey thanks guys!!!

Hope you guys didn't think i posted this for no reason (since i haven't responded ). Been out of the office ever since I posted this.. and go figure, I don't get on here unless I'm at work

Thanks so much for the offers! I'll respond to you guys with emails shortly. I'm excited to give it a go!

Cheers!
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM

Four Flysurfers up today at East Beach. I think that is a record for sure.

Everyone ripping on them in light wind. What a blast and a great way to take advantage of marginal winds.

Some observations:

Speed 2 19M: Stupid crazy powerful. No joke.....10-12 knots and completely lit on a 131cm board

Speed 3 19M: Considerably faster turning than Speed 2, but not as much raw power.
Speed 3 15M: Fastest turning of all the kites and a very light and responsive feel.

There was a 12M Speed 2 on deck, but just not enough wind today to get that out and play.

Looking forward to getting a little more powered on the smaller kites to see how they compare to the SLE kites.

No question these kites kill it in lighter wind and brings a whole new technique of riding to learn. The Speed 2 when I first put it up had a ground wind speed of 6-9 and I was powered up on a 131cm board. That was an eye opener for sure. I think with some time I could start to work on some of the basic wake style tricks that I would normally work on in 15knts with a 12M SLE.

Thanks to all for making a marginal day into something fun and interesting. Its always a blast to try new gear.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM

Steve - O-

Fun times in that light wind today. I am amazed as well. You gotta try the 15 in powered up conditions. It really comes alive and turning gets quicker starting in around 13 or so knots. I could not believe the power on that Speed 2 19M and how much how the Speed 3 19M is different. I am also curious to try the Speed 3 12M. If I really like it, I may consider getting a 12M and selling my 13 and 10 LEI's. I would keep the 8M Switch for nuking days. See ya on the water!

Tony
Old 12-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Hmmm... NOW you guys have my attention!

"The biggest drawback of kiteboarding is the adverse effects it has on getting anything else done."
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 AM

That's exactly what I'm talking about! Dang I wish I could have been at EB yesterday... stupid job

And of course I won't be able to give them a shot in light winds this weekend.... but im NOT complaining!!!! :mrgreen: Whohoo, can't wait for the weekend!!!!! ....stupid job