FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 PM
tog0713

Default New Egmont Sensor

This week iWindsurf contact me about a post I'd sent on the intermittent signals from the sensor on the NAV tower off Egmont Key. Their top techie was installing a new sensor of Key West and could put a new one in off Egmont if I could get him a boat and a ride from the airport. The old sensor problems he said caused by birds sitting on the arms of the Egmont wind sensor. He wanted to install one with propeller type paddles that the birds couldn't roost on.

This morning at 8am I picked up Phil the head techie at iWindsurf and took him to my brother's house in St. Pete Beach. With my brother's boat and tools as the airline had lost Phil's in transit we went to the NAV tower and in about two hours he installed the new sensor.

We should feel fortunate to get the sensor repaired. Normally iWindsurf with a limited repair budget only sends a techie out when more than one sensor goes down in any one area. They sent their top techie as he was doing a difficult offshore install well off Key West. It just happened that my email hit them as they were planning the Key West trip and so killed two birds with one stone.....so to speak...

Regards,
Tim
Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Thank you for taking the time and putting forth the effort to do that Tim.