FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 08-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Tampa Bay Kiteboarding

There is light at the end of the tunnel as we impatiently await the upcomming season.
Charley provided a quick fix for the summer time blues and the hit or miss afternoon seabreezes are just enough to ward off the shakes.
Pray for wind.

www.tbksa.org is online and we are working towards compiling more content and video for the site..
Check it out and keep a lookout for frequent updates.

E
Old 08-19-2004, 10:18 PM

Default Tampa Bay Kiteboarding

There is light at the end of the tunnel as we impatiently await the upcomming season.
Charley provided a quick fix for the summer time blues and the hit or miss afternoon seabreezes are just enough to ward off the shakes.
Pray for wind.

www.tbksa.org is online and we are working towards compiling more content and video for the site..
Check it out and keep a lookout for frequent updates.

E
Old 08-20-2004, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Eagle. Good luck to all the folks that were hit by Charley. Looking forward to checking out new content on your website. Feel free to bring the Tampa Bay guys online here to swap ideas, stories, repair tips, etc., this site was created to be Florida's interactive kiteboarding forum. How many riders would you guess are in the Bay area these days? Have fun !

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-20-2004, 07:20 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Eagle. Good luck to all the folks that were hit by Charley. Looking forward to checking out new content on your website. Feel free to bring the Tampa Bay guys online here to swap ideas, stories, repair tips, etc., this site was created to be Florida's interactive kiteboarding forum. How many riders would you guess are in the Bay area these days? Have fun !

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-20-2004, 11:11 PM

How many riders in Tampa ?
I'd be hard pressed to pin down a number but I can see myself guessing between 75-100 with gear and maybe 30 who are habitual kiters.

Had the chance to teach 2 more over the past few days, 12 and 14 years old and money cannot buy the stoke they got from successfully completing a water start and riding downwind.
These kids learned to gybe in 2 or 3 attempts and I can see both of them progressing rapidly in our sport.
I'd be stoked to see em become pro in a few years.

As for the website, the concept and content is the work of a few concerned kiteboarders, and we don't claim it as "ours", the site is about and for the Tampa Bay Kiteboarding community. The growth and success of the site depends on whether or not the local riders support the site through contribution of content and ideas.

E
Old 08-20-2004, 11:11 PM

How many riders in Tampa ?
I'd be hard pressed to pin down a number but I can see myself guessing between 75-100 with gear and maybe 30 who are habitual kiters.

Had the chance to teach 2 more over the past few days, 12 and 14 years old and money cannot buy the stoke they got from successfully completing a water start and riding downwind.
These kids learned to gybe in 2 or 3 attempts and I can see both of them progressing rapidly in our sport.
I'd be stoked to see em become pro in a few years.

As for the website, the concept and content is the work of a few concerned kiteboarders, and we don't claim it as "ours", the site is about and for the Tampa Bay Kiteboarding community. The growth and success of the site depends on whether or not the local riders support the site through contribution of content and ideas.

E
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 AM

Default A NEW TAMPA KITEBAORDER

Hey Ya'll, Well...you can add another to the list! 8) I am in Land O' Lakes and just got my first two rigs in from OZ yesterday!!!

This is a great forum and I am stoked to see that we have something like this for our area. I am also surprised to hear that our numbers are that low, I mean I have yet to see anyone riding here in Tampa/Clearwater but thought there had to be more folks with gear going out and hitting it somewhere. Well I will become a regular here and maybe catch ya'll on the beach someday....

QUESTION...What are some better spots from TAMPA to Like..Crystal River besides quiet lakes? Does anyone go out to the Islands or regularly hit places along this stretch?
Old 10-07-2004, 04:09 AM

Default A NEW TAMPA KITEBAORDER

Hey Ya'll, Well...you can add another to the list! 8) I am in Land O' Lakes and just got my first two rigs in from OZ yesterday!!!

This is a great forum and I am stoked to see that we have something like this for our area. I am also surprised to hear that our numbers are that low, I mean I have yet to see anyone riding here in Tampa/Clearwater but thought there had to be more folks with gear going out and hitting it somewhere. Well I will become a regular here and maybe catch ya'll on the beach someday....

QUESTION...What are some better spots from TAMPA to Like..Crystal River besides quiet lakes? Does anyone go out to the Islands or regularly hit places along this stretch?