FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-18-2007, 05:33 PM
stpetesal

Default Flexifoil

I purchased three kites from Extrem kites, an 8.5, 12 and a 15m the 15 meter was leaking from the valves on the leading edge the first time I put it in the air. I called Extreme and got nowhere with Rob at the time maybe he was very busy...He said he called Flexifoil and he also said he sent me an Email?

Email from Flexifoil

Hi Scott

I’m sorry, this is the first I have heard about the problems with your bladder.

In order for me to replace the bladder, I would need to see a photo or have the bladder back before I send a replacement out to you. This is our company policy for all warranty items.

I will also need your address so that I can get the bladder out to you.

Please contact me if you have any queries.

Kind regards

Wendy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy Brook
Customer Services Manager
Flexifoil International Ltd.
QC & Repair Centre
82D Fred Dannatt Road
Mildenhall
Suffolk
IP28 7RD
United Kingdom

tel +44 (0) 1638 715 968
ddi +44 (0) 1372 849 324
email Wendy@flexifoil.com
web www.flexifoil.com

I sent the kite to Texas they fixed the valve and are sending me a new bladder and paid for all shipping.. Thanks Jeff
Jeff Howard
Prokitesurf.com
Largest kitesurf shop in Texas
RETAIL, LESSON, REPAIR
623 N. Chaparral St
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
361-883-1473 ph
361-883-1539 fx
info@prokitesurf.com

I know that I have read nothing but good about Extreme, just may want to keep intouch with the customer a little better.

Last edited by stpetesal; 12-19-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Skyway Scott

I am just curious how many times you called EK.
Did you call back or only talk with them once and then send out to Jeff?
What's fairly odd is the Jeff and EK are in fairly close communication, so it seems like Jeff would have mentioned it to EK.
Anyway, I am just curious if you only called once and bailed.
If you called more than once and they dropped the ball, they screwed up, that simple.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
stpetesal

I called Rob, gave him the info and waited three days, (he has my number and email) I called back, he said he was waiting to here back from Flexifoil and that he had sent me an Email, he did not..I emailed Flexi and they took care of it. bottom line
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 PM

Hi Scott,
If you could sit in the back room of Extreme Kites for one day and see what goes on during our regular hours of operation you would be surprised
We have several phone lines that ring constantly with kite related questions, warranty issues, inquiries, directions to the shop, people trying to sell us replacement windows... you name it. Also the amount of merchandise going in and out of that place is mind boggling. When I started working there I had no idea I would be breaking a sweat working at a kite shop.
We are a tight-knit group here and we all love our jobs and take them very seriously. Those praises you see on forums are what makes us work even harder, it means everything to us. After all, why would I still be at the shop at 9:30pm typing this??
If Rob told you he was waiting to hear from Flexi then that was the case.
I have forwarded this link to Jeoffrey at Flexifoil so hopefully he will be chiming in.
What can we do to make this right? Please give us a call at the shop tomorrow

Last edited by Codder; 12-18-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:26 PM

Scott
Sorry your experience here was not a good one. I and all of us here try really hard to please everyone of our customers the best we can. I take our customer service very serious and it really bugs me when something goes wrong like this.

However, I did send you an email as well as Flexi about the bladder. I have copies of them here with the dates on them. Somehow your bladder issue got messed up along the way and I will take the blame for that. Some times there is a LOT going on here and sometimes things get screwed up. I would of preferred you to just call me again on the phone and say "Hey Jackass whats up with my Bladder?" Once again sorry for your frustration with this and if we can make it right somehow just let me or anyone else here know.

Rob A

Last edited by Phantom13; 12-18-2007 at 11:31 PM. Reason: to add my name
Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM

Smile

Those are excellent responses!!!! I wish we could report that all companies respond with such clarification and empathy to customers needs. Consider this, it’s a busy time of the year for the kite industry and you may find that your request for action may go over looked. Its hardly and attack on your need to find a solution to the problem. Have patients this time of year and give the shops the benefit of the doubt. Its not easy filling the needs of all of the customers they come upon.

I enjoy my Flexifoil and I’m sure you will to. I’ve never had to deal with the directly on anything but have had many dealings with EK with fantastic results. Keep in mind this time of year, we are all busy and people do make mistakes.

IM NOT USUALLY A BAND WAGONER BUT I THINK EVERYONE CAN USE A LITTLE FORGIVINGNESS THIS TIME OF YEAR...MERRY CHRISTMAS.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
stpetesal

Maybe I should have called back one more time, so I do take the blame for that and the fact that there have been so many responses tells me that you do give a damn about you business, sorry If I acted a bit hasty, but if you had been in my shoes you may have done the same…anyway All is Well
Old 12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Tom Stock

Yeah those guys at EK will go above and beyond what is necessary or even expected if you just give them a chance.

I once mentioned on a forum that best was out stock on the 2007 bars and that I was waiting around for them to deliver a bar... out of nowhere the great "Daryl" calls me on my cell to grant my wish. He had 200 of them in stock and shipped one out immediately so I could have it the next day. I heard they get them before Best which is sort of funny.

Anyway good bunch of guys over there... stop in sometime and watch how busy they are. It's sort of fun to watch because the phone never stops ringing. No surprise they get backed up occasionally.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:13 PM

Agreed, EK has always gone above and beyond for me, I was very surprised to hear this news. Scott, I am sure your next experience with EK will be a much better one. The guys that work at kite shops work really hard and everyone makes mistakes, it is human nature, especially during the busy holiday season. It sounds like it turned out well for all and that both Flexi and EK are making efforts to make it right.

It always sucks to have a situation like this, especially when something is brand new so we can all sympathize with your situation and definitely yet unfortunately have all been there before. Hope to see you all on the water soon...
Old 12-20-2007, 08:38 PM

Hey thanks guys for all the compliments! That really means alot to us