FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM
popeye

I'd be interested in trying it out too... looked like it turned fast as hell in the videos... those were some sweeeet kite loops!
Old 08-09-2007, 01:04 PM

Super fast, but not going to pimp it on the internet, it does not need it. You just need to try it. Neil
Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM

The rev rocks super simple.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Ss @ Wsw

Don't think this will send any kind of earthquake like the Best post awhile back....but currently stocking new T2's at the shop. Neil.....so far have been extremely impressed with the kite. There isn't anything out there easier to teach with than the T2. I can see why Real Kiteboarding got literally a truckload of those things. An awesome kite, turns fast, huge depower, and relaunches in the lightest of winds.

Yes T1 and Link were not much of a hit, but the T2 is a winner for sure and looking forward to the REV.

Really glad to see that Slingshot is back in the game and offering pricing that is competive with the popular Best Waroo. Way to go SS!!!!!!

Thanks for supporting all your local kite shops!!!!
Old 08-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Steve-o im really intrested in the T2's and i want to ride one to see how they are. Are you gonna have a demo of them any time soon?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:52 AM

no wind = no demo.

I know that Randy's got a new Yarga and WSW has got some new gear .. hopefully when the wind kicks in we can organize a demo day or something.

last season when they threw the pre-race party and had all the new kites there was one of the best days ever. got to demo 3 kites and 3 boards in 11 to 12m (18knts+) conditions (perfect demo wind in my opinion).

I am hoping to get some time on some new kites in the next couple weeks. the Rev and the Helix have been spotted at the Gorge and I've got a few lines on demos.. we will see what happens.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 08-10-2007, 09:50 AM

good review of the REV @ kiteforum..

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2341101

good comparisions between number of other flat kites.. looks like SS has a great kite on their hands..

some great kites coming out this year.. cant wait to give them a shot.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Steve-o im really intrested in the T2's and i want to ride one to see how they are. Are you gonna have a demo of them any time soon?
Wud up Adam?

Contact Matt Sexton. I'm sure he will let you demo the kite. I did last Sunday for a brief time.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:31 PM
popeye

Now that's a review I can believe... what the reviewer said about the waroos and problems with kiteloops on them is pretty accurate (and one reason I am considering switching to hybrids). His comparison sounds pretty factual and based on advanced riding experience so I believe him when he says it is a really good kite. If you can't point out a few flaws then you can never improve upon anything or develop new ideas... nothing is perfect... so I am glad he also mentioned things he didn't like about the kite.

One thing I am not sure about is the depower system ... not sure how I feel about a foot or two of extra rope hanging below the bar. That seems awkward for unhooked stuff especially for us short guys. I don't need more lines getting tangled around my short legs... the leash is enough and I keep it as short as possible.

However, it may be entirely different than I imagine.

Sounds like slingshot may be back in the bow kite game.

Last edited by popeye; 08-10-2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM

I'm with ya Tom..

if you get a chance before trying a Rev, take a look at the Monkey Kite bar. its very similar to the waroo 2007 bar with the dual line and stopper, but the depower is a cleat right above the chicken loop. it is difficult to trim while riding. i rode the 12m Monkey for an hour session in pretty strong winds and had a hard time depowering with the cleat unless i came to a full stop and used both hands. also had this overwhelming feeling that one slight bump to the line would kick it out of the cleat and snap the kite back to full power.

I am not a fan of the below the bar depower .. possible the Rev's system is more kook-proof and easier to trim. but still at full depower you would have at least 10 to 12 inches of depower line dangling near your spreader bar hook and CL.

i'll try to get a good look at it if i see one this week.