FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Good sessions lately?

Did folks grab some good wind sessions over the last two days? I started on an 11 m, shifted to a 16 m and back to the 11 m on Sunday. It was uneven to say the least. Yesterday afternoon even though it was lighter is was more consistent and fun. The waves were mighty fine too. If not for work could have made it three in a row today.

How did you do?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-21-2007, 03:44 PM
ruffridah89

Man, there were great sessions!
yesturday, i was overpowered with 18 knts of wind and gusts of 22knts...awesome jumps and fun to see everyone
Old 08-21-2007, 07:11 PM

I scored 4 days in a row on 69th st!

Over 12h of kiting in nicelly powered on 15 and 11 M. Some very nice swell out there!

Tony
Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Wow, four sessions that is quite a comeback after an extended lull for most of us. Hope you can make it five, sans squalls of course that may come with the tropical wave passing over the next day or so.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-22-2007, 07:09 AM

Here are some pics of Monday shot by a very cool photographer who happened to be here.

http://court.lifepics.com/index.cfm
Event code = "KITE"

Last edited by tonykite; 08-22-2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonykite View Post
Here are some pics of Monday session shot by a very cool photographer who happened to be here.

http://court.lifepics.com/common/alb...5F035604460251

Check is website out: http://court.lifepics.com/index.cfm
Nice images, those shots of the rider boosting on the Cabrinha directional took me back. I guess directionals are back in fashion again though.

Be sure to hit "slideshow" at the lower left hand side of the screen to see the kiting shots.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Yes, it seems we are back into wind for a while. How was Brazil, wind, waves, etc.? Where did you go? Welcome back!
Thanks Rick! Glad to be back in the states

I went to the NorthEast part of the country,State of Ceara' just outside of Fortaleza. Talk about a l-o-n-g flight, I'm definatly over any international travel for a while.

As for wind, Definatly it blows EVERYDAY. Side off in the morning (so you could get a surf session in on semi clean wind swell) then around 7am it starts to come on side shore. By 8:30 or 9am EVERYDAY it swings to side to side on shore and continues to pick up all day till around 4 pm then tapers down just a bit. I'd say the wind was between 20-30+kts EVERYDAY. I mostly rode 9 & 10m BEST 08 Nemi HP's

Waves , Yes decent windswell (chest to head high) on the right tides. Nothing to write home about. but fun to kite in none the less. I pretty much mixed up my kiting between the BEST lagoon and the Ocean. It's absolutely amazing to be in a place where you know it's going to be w-i-n-d-y everyday. It really takes the pressure off, unlike South FL where you better be ready at a monents notice.

Once again, I'm glad to have had the chance to go. But I'm stoked to be home.

Yesterday, I took an extra day off to adjust and was treated to some South Florida wind! I got 4 kite sessions in, first was on a 10m & a Surfboard strapless. Then I rigged the 13m & went out on my 127. Last 2 sessions were on the 13m & a Surfboard strapless. Grabbed some lunch and went back to the beach for a couple of surf sessions. I'm whipped, but I have gear in the truck for an afterwork session today if it holds up!

Glad to see you guys have been getting some wind here, summers almost over. Bring on the GOOD winds!!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM

Default marathon here

The past few days here have been great just got back, I was on the 15 omega, and was really impressed. I have had concerns about it, but after today I'm very happy. winds were 12-17 knots
________
California Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

Last edited by kabo123; 08-11-2011 at 09:33 PM.