FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Skyway Scott

Default 15m Ion

Eric let me ride his 15m Ion today in about 11 to 15. It felt great and is BOMBPROOF for sure. Very nice kite Eric. Stable, good power, good upwind.
I almost pulled off a triple backroll/kiteloop in 12 knots on it. Almost :?

He tried out the Super Phatty by Aggression. This is my just my opinion, but, all in all I think the SP is better than Eric's Glide. It feels like a smaller board while riding/doing tricks and I personally love it, however, it was obvious to me that the Glide is better at going upwind in very light winds. In 10 knots or more tho, I would rather have a SP. Sub 10 a Glide.. but hey.. sub 10?

What did you think about the SP E-bone?....(BTW, thanks for saving my glasses!)
Old 05-20-2006, 06:07 AM
E-Bone

I am intrigued by the Super Phatty. The board planes a lot of water when you need it to but you can hold a ton of power in the board as well. We were in the flat stuff but everyone who has ridden it tells me that it is crazy-good in surf, too. I enjoyed it immensely and wanted one after five minutes on it.

I'll probably pick one up at some point (and go from a 6 board to a 7 board quiver). I didn't fit the footstraps all that well, but that's a simple interface issue that can be fixed. Aggression seems to have found a killer shape in the board, no question.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Skyway Scott

It is definitely sweet. Goes upwind insane (altho not as well as the Glide in sub 11), planes in next to nothing, yet doesn't feel like a big board when wind picks up or when jumping

The Ion seemed real nice too. Definitely put together super tough.
I wish I could have "stopper balled" it, cuz that's my riding style, but it sure felt good to me. Seemed very stable. I would like to ride it in 16 to 20 to see what it feels like. I think (unfortunately) those days are gonna be rare starting today :x