FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Tampa Bay Area Lost and Found
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 04-28-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcmoore
Yeah it really filled in at Cypress, but it was really gusty. I got lofted on the DW about 10 feet in the air. I wasn't worried about the height but the oyster beds below had me concerned. I stubbed the hell out of my toe just before the DW and it is still swollen and painful. I might have broken it. My riding may be limited until it heals.

This theivery is getting out of control. I can't wait until I catch some one stealing my stuff or one of my bro's. I have a lot of built up anger that needs to be released.
Unless you are carrying, I wouldn't suggest confronting anyone with that. People that steal your shit are already committing a crime, what's to say they aren't willing to committ another one? (assault, battery, possesion of a concealed weapon, etc.) And why put yourself in the position of getting charged with assault or battery when it most likely won't get your board back?

But, if you guys did happen to do something like that and the guy turned violent, I've got your back. Or, if the guy just happens to get plummelled, I'll be a good witness . Or, if the guy has a knife, I'll shoot him

I still wouldn't suggest doing it though :lol:

Get the persons license plate number, then call the police.

If you guys don't want anything stolen, lock everything up and hide it out of view. That's all you can do.

Someone would steal a kiteboard just to sell it scott. I mean, something as easy as walking up, picking something up off the beach and then leaving netting you 100+ dollars would definently be worth it to a thief.

The cameras will probably be of no use, they most likely won't turn the footage over or they already have gone over it. But, I still say, give it a shot.

Everyone should keep an eye out for this board for sale, even if you see it on ikite or ebay or anywhere from a different location, I still recommend calling it in, or emailing the webmaster of the page and getting an IP. We really need to crack down on the thievery since it seems to be starting back up.

Don't leave boards on the beach unless you're willing to suffer the consequences either. Get someone to lock them up in your car, or have someone there watching.

Take as many precautions as you can to avoid the theft, people aren't going to bother if it's locked up in your car. Nobody is going to walk up, break your car window or use a slim jim and get into your car even if you are on the water if they don't see something worthwhile.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:27 AM

I suggested an anchor and bouy system for storing kiteboards (and anything else for that matter) off shore a ways. All you need is a milk jug full of sand, an empty milk jug and some rope to anchor your board offshore. Add a dry-bag and you could, in theory, keep all your stuff off the beach.

Just a thought.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Thanks for all of the support. I am sure the board is long gone. I appreciate the jesture but please don't collect any money for a new board for me-the act of someone taking the board bothers me more than the cost of replacing it. It must have been bad Karma that day because I told Window Guy that I never leave anything on the beach at Cypress but I was riding solo and knew the wind would pick up and wanted to have my other board ready. I still had a good session - see you on the water this weekend.
Bruce
Old 04-28-2006, 11:16 AM

Your call Bruce, I am more than willing to lay down some cash to help you get a new board. The least we can do is for Scott or someone else who has a good relationship with Adrian from Underground to contact him and let him know what happened. I know Brian Eagle already suggested that and it is a great idea!!! That way we could find out if he would be willing to cut a deal for a new board for you...

I still think a few bucks here or there even if it is just a dollar or two will help Steve's cause. He has to run a fence company on exactly $0 now and I, for one plan on helping him out with a few bucks until he gets back onto his feet...

Kev, guns may be interesting but carrying one is not always the answer to problems. I agree that inflicting physical harm on someone is not cool even if they did something wrong but I can't say that I wouldn't beat their ass if I got my hands on them. Now shooting someone is a whole other beast and attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon is much more serious than assault or battery charges. I'm glad you enjoy carrying your gun, it is your right...just think before you act or even post anything of that nature on a public forum... :wink:
Old 04-28-2006, 11:23 AM

It's not my right to carry a gun.

I'm only 18, I can own any firearm I wish (as long as it isn't fully auto, or any other of that class III stuff) but I can NOT carry. I will be carrying as soon as I hit 21 though.

And like I said, if the guy also has a weapon and gets violent, it is my right to shoot him. I may be taken in, but charges will not be filed since I was acting in behalf for you guys and your safety. Only if it came to the guy pulling a firearm himself, or pulling a knife in a close distance would I fire at him. That's exactly what I was trying to say.

I'm not allowed just to shoot someone, but if I see someone in mortal danger or if I am put into the same danger, it is my right to fire.

Especially with our shoot-first law now, it'd be a lot less hassle in the courts.

And truthfully, I'd hate to have to shoot someone over a stolen kiteboard, that's why I'm saying that people should just get the tag number and call the police.

Things can turn pretty ugly pretty fast.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Skyway Scott

Toby,

I am already attempting to get Bruce a sweet deal from GS at Aggression boards. Bruce has one Aggression already, and GS is a great guy.

No offense to UG, but...... they did not support Kevin when his board snapped in half. That day was a let down to me (more to him I am sure) and honestly, these Aggressions are a better anyway.
Hoping for news today from GS. My Aggression is in the mail
Old 04-28-2006, 11:43 AM

My point exactly on guns. You don't know who that person is you are shooting at. What if you just shot the sheriff of the police departments family member? Or a judge's family member? My point is that you never know and that idle threats like that could come back to bite you, that's all. Just trying to give some friendly advice...not bring up another gun debate...this is not gunboarding, it's kiteboarding!!! :lol:

Scott, hate to disagree but UG still rocks in my opinion...
Old 04-28-2006, 12:08 PM

Gunboarding=extreme
Old 04-28-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby wilson
My point exactly on guns. You don't know who that person is you are shooting at. What if you just shot the sheriff of the police departments family member? Or a judge's family member? My point is that you never know and that idle threats like that could come back to bite you, that's all. Just trying to give some friendly advice...not bring up another gun debate...this is not gunboarding, it's kiteboarding!!! :lol:
No debate, just wanted to state I wasn't going to randomly shoot anyone...

Since that's what everyone always assumes about people with guns...

Oh well
Old 04-28-2006, 07:02 PM
E-Bone

I noted the post on the stolen board and it strikes a sour note with me, given that I usually have boards all over the beach during a session. I usually have the Glide out as well as a small board, sometimes two small boards. I guess I need to modify my habits.

When things are crowded or I am riding way out, I will sometimes keep unused boards in the Element of Surpise, but it can be sketchy getting a board out of the vehicle with the kite in the air.

For my part, I am willing to bitch some boards out to my bros if they need a switch out during a session. Give me a shout and let me know. If I am standing around on the beach while the wind is blowing, I might as well make myself useful anyhow.

Plenty of people taken boards out of the Element for me (maybe only because I make people nervous when I am flying a powered kite with one hand while digging through the Team Ele-mental flagship with the other).