FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 AM
ruffridah89

Cj,
phones broken.
Send me a pm either here or myspace.
-Danny
Phones gonna be replaced by tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 AM

Welcome to the (South East Section) forum Dan and CJ!

It always great to see more kite junkies showing there stoke for our fantastic sport.

Has this MAY been the S*** or what ???? I'm on my 11th day str8 of kiting. It's almost like a kiting vacation except I've only had to travel less then 2 miles

Post your thoughts and ideas and lets see if we can't pull some/all the South East forum memebers together for an event
Old 05-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Default aloha

where have you been ridin these last few weeks? Highflyn? Name?

yah feel like I am on a kiting holiday fo sho...
Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cborges View Post
where have you been ridin these last few weeks? Highflyn? Name?

yah feel like I am on a kiting holiday fo sho...
~n~ tonight's session makes #12 in a row

Name: Michael

I kite mostly in Palm Beach County (south end) From Lake Worth south to Boynton Beach. Bluewater (most of the time) and fun surf/waves.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
ruffridah89

yea!
yuppee.I got no number-of-sessions in a row cause I aint kitesurfing till i get my kite back.
Maybe tomorrow.
Anyhow, its kinda odd that there was packing wind at the end of may, dont you think?
-Danny
Old 06-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Well lets see. Im very new to KiteBoarding. Not so much the boarding part since ive been doing wakeboarding for about 15 yrs now. And not so much the Kite part since i have flown Stunt kites and foil kites for most of my life. But more on putting the two togeather. Only been twice now. But i learn fast. (got up withen the first 5 minutes on the water, and did my first mini kite loop on the second day) Took a lesson over at matheson just to get the feal down and learn the safty measures and were everything is and what it all does on the safty side of things.(always a good idea) Kinda dissapointed that this wind we were having went away. But could be worse. Am always looking to ride with better people so as to improve my rideing. Purchased my First kite today (North Vegas 10 w/5th element) Bar , and Harness (dakine Storm). Rideing a Super Squirt 128 wakeboard (has a continues rocker of only 1.9)(short wide and stiff board) with plate style straps. Most of the people i have meet thus far are very kewl and very helping of a new person to the sport. Hopefully By the time the winds come back strong ill be a much improved rider and be able to hit up some of the blue water and surf with some of you guys.....

Last edited by Grneyedloki; 06-04-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Grneyedloki. Hope you get some good winds for a while longer. As a rule gear might get packed away for days and even weeks in the SE this time of year. This year has been different so far. Yesterday with an unusual offshore breeze we were treated to a strong set of side shore thermal winds without the thermal squalls that frequently move seaward from the Everglades in such conditions. Our summer squalls can be among the more powerful ones on the continent so be sure to do proper weather planning and monitoring. Lots of guys have been slammed for weakening due to excess windlust and going out in or staying out too long with inbound bad conditions. There may be some more useable winds before the normal summer pattern sets in good and proper.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cborges View Post
Aloha all...
Im CJ... I have been riding for about 3 yrs ...maybe a lil more...but not very aggresively in the begining...I ride Globerider kites Sonic/Trix and Litewaves 130cm '07 board. Love to ride in Ft. Pierce with my best friend Irma...or in St. Pete when I visit my folks...but, on an everyday basis (when its blowing) I am ay Matheson or Crandon. Now that Crandon is closed for the summer (as of May 25th)...this leaves me Matheson ...unless I drive south to the Keys... I live in Homestead...yup...HOMESTEAD Fla. and NO...I dont farm....
I love to push myself in kiting and learn something new everytime I pick up the bar. Hope to meet some of you out on the beaches of S. Fla!
P.S.
Thanks Rick...for holding us all together!
You're welcome CJ and thank you for the great shots! Just a few of many ...

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-05-2007, 06:17 PM

[/QUOTE]

Were can i get a hat like this one. Have been looking but they are scarce. LoL.

Blue skies
Old 06-05-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I heard two stories about what was happening in this shot. One had it that the lady had lost a contact lens and Neil was providing a leg, uh shoulder up in the recovery effort. Another story had it that Neil was in the throws of a severe undergarment constriction and the lady was giving his drawers a hearty yank rearward to aid relief? It seems to have come just in time from Neil's expression. Preserve us from line breaks and wedgies.

Anyway, this was shot in Ft. Lauderdale. Speaking from past experience as a resident there, if you look hard enough you can find almost anything there, even a "hat" like Neil's.

Hey SE Florida riders, stand up and be recognized. Tell us about yourself, ambitions, great rides, trips, new tricks, etc..

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi