FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2008, 01:07 PM

Default Sea Breeze is Up and so is tourism*** PLEASE READ ***

The Gulf is white capping right now and its deffinitly ridable, be forewarned that there are ALOT of spring breakers on the gulf beaches right now, and from the house it looks like many are drinking. Kites are attractive and people will try and interact with you but DO NOT let people get closer than you are comfortable with and DO NOT try and showboat inside the swim zones.

I have informed my riders of this and have put a couple people in charge of looking out for kooks and maintaining safe riding practices, i unfortunately will be heading to the keys for the weekend to throw our college event but if any of the college riders are seen in swim zones or around tourists please don't hesitate to inform me of it my number is 203 918 6637 and consequences will be heavy.

Do not feel intimidated calling out the more experienced riders as well, as often times we are the ones who have too much confidence and end up looking hazardous to swimmers and beachgoers.

Unless riders are 100% confident level three riders capable of riding upwind without question you shouldn't even think of practicing on the gulf beaches with the exception of North Beach, Ft. Desoto or the Backside. This is prime season for us and tourists love the kites, but we love our beaches and our access to them so I foresee this as a potential issue and just hope the heads up is taken into consideration, happy windy weekend to all!!!!!
-Matt Sexton
www.Tritonkiteboarding.com
TritonKiteboarding@yahoo.com
(203) 918 6637