FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-23-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Best's great customer service, thanks

Scott here.

This post isn't meant to be "my brand is better than yours", it's just a simple thanks on a public forum where thanks is due.

I have recently been having bladder problems with my 13m Waroo (many have witnessed this). On the third occurrence of the bladder issue, instead of sending me another new bladder (they already sent two next-day-air for free) Best decided to just send me a new '09 kite for free. They assumed my kite must have had an internal problem. They did this without me asking for that option. Big thanks to Best.

Although I have not seen many bladder issues in Best kites in St. Pete (except for me... wtf!!) I have witnessed the decision by Best to send a new kite on occasion over the years if problems persisted, including Dr. Bruce locally and I think they did something along these lines for BLeighty, as well as with a few customers when I worked at OES.
This approach to customer service left a strong impression on me and was the primary reason I chose Best (their customer service) for my personal kites, in addition to the fact the '08 9m kicked butt. Trust me, deciding to fly a a kite with a big penis with gills meant I must have been impressed by the kite and company (lmao)

Their decision to give me a kite blew me away, even though I have seen this approach taken with others over the years - and it made my day (probably month) to hear this news just now.

Thanks Best and Daryl at Extreme for even asking (cuz I didn't)

Last edited by Unimog Bob; 11-23-2009 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM

I have a similar story with Bests customer service. I had the plastic bar end split on my 07 bar (you know, right where the screw goes in...). I called Best and spoke with Neko, who said, they didnt sell the ends, but he'll try and find some old bar to get one from. Two days later i received a new naked 07 bar. I called him up to say thanks, and he said no problem, just keep supporting best.

It wasnt that i received a free piece for my bar, but i was impressed by the eagerness to help out.

Not to mention they make some of the best kites in the market. (Desclaimer: according my riding style, weight, hair color, foot size, etc. etc...)

I also got to say that WSW has a great group of guys over there. Ive always had, and heard of A+++++ customer services from them. Too bad they dont rep. Best
Old 11-23-2009, 08:00 PM

I'd also like to thank Rigger, Paul F, Pat, Roy... list is long... for letting me borrow gear lately. Also, Al Lindsay, Russky and others for letting me demo boards. Even in Cocoa beach guys let me borrow their surf boards when my broke right off the bat. Pretty impressive.
Part of me thinks I could get away w/o buying any more gear and just being a gear whore like I have been lately.
Seriously though guys, it means a lot.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:57 PM

Good for you Scott and good for Best for taking care of you. This is exactly what all kite companies should strive for, happy customers who then turn around and give free publicity to Best because they stepped up and made it right!

Danny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimog Bob View Post
This post isn't meant to be "my brand is better than yours", it's just a simple thanks on a public forum where thanks is due.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:12 AM

Thanks to you as well Danny, for saving a kite I was borrowing (Scott L.'s red Waroo) out at the Skyway from certain death over there on the rocks about 3 weeks ago!! That was definitely cool of you to help out.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimog Bob View Post
Thanks to you as well Danny, for saving a kite I was borrowing (Scott L.'s red Waroo) out at the Skyway from certain death over there on the rocks about 3 weeks ago!! That was definitely cool of you to help out.
Not a problem Scott, even if it was a Best kite! haha
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM

Ha ha... Yeah I bet it crept you out having your hands wrapped that closely to a giant penis. Joke never gets old (for me, anyway).

I actually think they may have dropped the logo (maybe).

Old 11-24-2009, 12:27 PM

WOW! I just now got the joke thanks to you posting the logo!

its amazing what a visual aid can do for you...
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM

I've got a few similar stories and cannot say enough positive things about my experiences with BEST, for myself and for my customers. And yes, this is how all kite companies should behave. Fix the problems, recognize errors, satisfy your customers, win their business thru good will and good service. Seems simple, but apparently impossible for some companies to achieve this. Kudos to BEST.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM

Plus, who else would have thought up (and carried out) the infamous flying penis as a logo? Sheer genius..... lol..... (never gets old!!! )
DWs start soon, Roberto.