FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-16-2008, 07:07 AM

Default Kitesurfing Competition in Ecuador!

All,

I want to let everyone know that next month there will be a competition in Manta, Ecuador 14AUG-17AUG(flyer enclosed). I was there kitesurfing a couple of months ago in the two spots where this competition will be held. Both spots are big beaches with lots of space...one flat water (Murciélago Beach), one has chop that varies from 3ft.-11ft. waves (Santa Marianita).

To get there, look at flying into Quito or Guayaquil.

While kitesurfing there I met Vladimir, one of the organizers who runs a school, www.humboldtkites.com. Check out their website to learn more about the spots and see some pictures. The wind there is awesome, 15k-25k almost every day in the summer and through December.

Even though I will not enter the competition, I plan on being there that weekend to go kitesurfing with my girlfriend and hang out with Vladimir. The food is great and cheap (fresh fish with plantains - $2.50-$3.50). The official currency in Ecuador is the U.S. Dollar so that adds to the convenience of the trip.

If you have questions about Manta or the beaches there feel free to contact me via email, pramco@gmail.com

Pedro