FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 12-22-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Whats better for wakestyle, Bow or C ????

I learned to ride on a 16m waroo, im ready to get a smaller kite and to start trying some more unhooked wakestyle tricks....i've startyed doing the basics on my 16 unhooked....raleys and s bends. But i was wondering are C-kites better for wakestyle tricks? what should i go with? BTW I live in the bahamas so 90% of the time i need my 16 to be powered up.
any advice would be much appreciated
Old 12-22-2006, 09:46 PM

as long as you are willing to tune a bow kite to an unhooked setting, both get the job done pretty well assuming its a good kite. Its the tuning thats a lot worse on the bow than a C.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:40 PM

A C kite will be much better to pull wake style moves with. They seem to have much better punch in the low end (most bows like to be flown fast). Also, like the post above, they won't need to be tuned as much.

Bow kites will do kite loops, etc better as they can turn in a much smaller radius. At any rate, your post is a little confusing to me, your riding a 16 but you need a smaller kite? What to weigh (lbs) and what is the average wind speed?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 PM

Default yarga

yes i think that c kites are better for wakestyle. I think they unhook alot bettter. A good kite for you to start wakestyle is the 13 yarga. This is one of the best kites to do wakestyle with. It just sits in the window and is just like a boat. Kitelooping is you either go kamakaze or just dont do kiteloops haha. Its a really sick kite.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:42 PM

thanks for all the tips....btw im about 195lbs....and the wind when there are windy days is usually 14 to 16 knots......anyway i got a waroo pro 11 and im lovin it.....you guys were right about the tuning though....when i had it rigged for full power unhooking cause the kite to over sheet and just fall back in the window and drop out of the sky