FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: Are you interested in joining us on this trip?
Hell yeah, let's ride! 8 50.00%
Nope, and I'd rather take trips on my own outside of the community. 2 12.50%
No but I'd be interested in future trips to kiting locations 5 31.25%
Yes and I'd like to be Toby's kite bitch during the trip as well 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 11:54 AM

Cool Kite Trip Presidents Day Weekend - Need A Head Count Asap

Amber and I are organizing a kite trip to the keys during Presidents Day weekend. We will both be taking Tuesday, February 20th off of work as we have Monday, February 19th off for Presidents Day as a holiday. That will give us a full 3 days of kiting in the keys if we leave after work on Friday evening!

Several kiters are already going to join us and we are now working on accomodations. We will be splitting the cost of rooms and just crashing everywhere we can find some space on the floor. We wanted to go camping on Bahia Honda, but all campsites for that weekend are already booked so we need to hurry up and get booked. All are welcome, the only requirement being that we all chip in for the room(s).

Please let us know if you are interested no later than Sunday, 12/31/2006 and we can iron the final details out ASAP. Sorry for the late notice but this should be a great trip!!! Again we plan on leaving Friday night, 2/16/2007 and driving back up on Tuesday, 2/20/2007.

We could also start having some other great community-wide trips to say the Outer Banks, Texas, The Great Lakes, The Gorge, California, Bahamas, Mexico, etc.

Hope to see you all down there, it would be great to go someplace to kite with ALL of my kiting pals from our area!

-Toby
Old 12-29-2006, 12:02 PM

toby..
where are you planning on staying?
i might be in on this ..
get me all details..

thanks!

-B

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 12-29-2006, 12:04 PM

Wink

We are still working on that but we really need a head count first. We have some friends down there, there is always the kite house cabin, and other hotels but we need to act quickly so everything does not book up. For all I care I could be a beach bum for the weekend and crash on the beach but I don't think that the ladies would be cool with that...

Also, Amber used to work at a place called Sea Camp where kids learn about marine animals during their summer or on school trips. She could call them and I think the accomodations are like $10 a night...bunkbeds though. We'd have to see how much room they have right now though.

Last edited by toby wilson; 12-29-2006 at 01:19 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Default I am in

I am so in!

RS
Old 12-29-2006, 02:49 PM

Cool details

I know everyone wants details before they commit. Unfortunately, details can only be arranged after we know how many people we are accomodating. I lived on Big Pine Key for a year and know the lower keys pretty well. I know the places to go on Duval street in Key West VERY well. All I can promise is that it will be a fun weekend. We are hoping to hook up with Paul Menta before the trip to arrange riding spots. If for some reason there isn't wind everyday, I can guide everyone around the keys to some amazing spots including the reef. (the most beautiful place I've ever been). Anyway, jump in on the trip and we will plan a great getaway. I hate last minute stuff and since its in-season.(and a holiday weekend)..its a necessity to book a place because I know that many places are already full...including the campground!! (there's a KOA Kampground down there too, but a tent site is about 56 bucks, so we want to explore all of our options. We might be towing the boat with us as well...details will be ironed out asap!!!

if you have any questions, PM either Toby or myself or give us a call...
Old 12-29-2006, 02:55 PM

Wink friends of the backside...

For those of you who are faithful visitors to the backside, you'll be excited to know that Key West has one of the best gay scenes in the US!!! There's a drag show across the street from Crabby Dick's Restaurant that is fun to watch from the balcony of the restaurant. the girls out front are quite the lookers!! Get excited Roy...
Old 12-29-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Funny

Funny! Very Funny!

RS
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 PM

i MIGHT be in.. if i have NO absentses up untill that day and have some money i'm definitly in.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:32 PM

Default interesting

Toby,

Funny I ran across this, as I had just finished a dialogue with Paul Mentas down in Key West about coming down for my b'day first week of February.

If you still have a group going, let me know the specific dates...

Easier, I'll give you and ring after work today...

Hope you guys had a good holiday season...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:41 PM

Thumbs up

Yep, it's still on! Looks like we will have about 8-10 people on the trip so far (if all decide to come). It should be a blast!!!

We are going to see if a friend of Amber's can put the group up for the long weekend but if not we will be looking into getting 2 hotel rooms and just all splitting the cost to keep it cheap. We'll hopefully get wind every day and may be towing the boat down to ride the flats every day and have TONS of flat water all to ourself all day long!!! It is gonna rock as long as it blows!!!

Last edited by toby wilson; 01-02-2007 at 02:56 PM.