FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 AM

Exclamation Kitesurfing Instructors Positions in Miami

MIAMIKITEBOARDING IS HIRING AND TRAINING INSTRUCTORS FOR THIS UPCOMING SEASON in CRANDON PARK.

Hello everyone,

In preparation for a great upcoming season, Miamikiteboarding is offering several positions to join the team:
- KITESURFING INSTRUCTORS
- as well as ASSISTANT INSTRUCTORS
- CAPTAIN LICENSED PILOT FOR DOWNWINDERS
Diplomas and certifications can also be obtained through our school as MKB is an IKO training center.

Any local kitesurfer interested in spending more time on the water teaching and sharpening their riding skills while making money in their sport are welcome to contact us :

Whether you want to help our sport growing by learning the proper and safest teaching methods AND OBTAIN AN INTERNATIONAL Instructor certification . Or become more involved in the community, deepen your knowledge as a rider also as an instructor and make extra cash doing your passion.
Or if you are a student with plenty of spare time and want to work with the leading kiteboarding school in Miami learning from pioneers riders,
then join us and become part of our outstanding team!

· MKB is the only school in the Southeast USA that carries both PASA and IKO affiliation system.
· Miamikiteboarding is a Training Center for IKO Instructors in the USA.
· Benefits from being trained via the IKO Instructor Training program, the only one recognized worldwide.
· Once you obtain your instructor certification you can boost your travel experience by posting jobs all over the world as IKO instructors are constantly requested through their international network system.
· Get all the advantages of being an instructor in our school : Great Hourly wages, Wholesale prices on equipment and kitesurfing trips, ride all type of brands, join our downwinders , run Events and Contests for the community…all this in outstanding Crandon park conditions.

PASA instructors are also welcome and can obtain their equivalence to IKO instructor level 1 through a 3 day Training course with us .

CAPTAIN LICENSED KITESURFER - Employed to operate Miamikiteboarding boats and downwinder trips full time. Captains must have solid power boat skills and riding level 3 minimum (stay upwind).

ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN RIGHT NOW for the rest of the summer and the following season. You can either choose full or part time. Wages are based on salary + commission upon your experience.
Local riders a must, with a car and a cellular phone.
Lessons are taught off of Crandon Park on the sandbars, which is ideal for teaching easily and safely.

Instructors /and/or Assistant Training Courses will be ran by in September, for kitesurfers interested in becoming certified. Reserve ASAP to enter the next Course.
Check the requirements and program to become IKO instructor:
http://www.miamikiteboarding.com/Certification.htm

Contact us by email or by phone.

CRANDON PARK REMINDER:
THE DATES FOR RE-OPENING CRANDON HAVEN’T BEEN SET YET. We still wait for the park decision on that but expect by mid-august hopefully.
We keep you posted.
However, be aware of the main rules to be reinforced as early as the first day:
Only advanced riders with an IKO OR PASA LEVEL 3 CARD and carrying a KITESURFING INSURANCE ($89/year valid worldwide) will be allowed to set their kites on the beach.

MKB will offer level 3 check out tests daily with instant IKO card delivery.
Riders can buy the IKO kitesurfing insurance on the beach at the time they sign-in or instantly on the following link:
http://www.ikointl.com/kb_insurance.php?affil=S656

We will have a BEACH BBQ DAY in the park, on the weekend following the re-opening. All riders will be welcome to check out the new setup and rules and gather for the first Beach Day of the season.

See you soon

Christophe Ribot
Old 08-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikiteboarding View Post
CRANDON PARK REMINDER:
THE DATES FOR RE-OPENING CRANDON HAVEN’T BEEN SET YET. We still wait for the park decision on that but expect by mid-august hopefully.
We keep you posted.
However, be aware of the main rules to be reinforced as early as the first day:
Only advanced riders with an IKO OR PASA LEVEL 3 CARD and carrying a KITESURFING INSURANCE ($89/year valid worldwide) will be allowed to set their kites on the beach.

MKB will offer level 3 check out tests daily with instant IKO card delivery.
Riders can buy the IKO kitesurfing insurance on the beach at the time they sign-in or instantly on the following link:
http://www.ikointl.com/kb_insurance.php?affil=S656

We will have a BEACH BBQ DAY in the park, on the weekend following the re-opening. All riders will be welcome to check out the new setup and rules and gather for the first Beach Day of the season.

See you soon
Hello Christophe,

How are the discussions with the Park going? What do you think the odds are they will approve this approach?

Thanks,

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 AM

I have a question, crandon was not put out to bid for consessions. WHy?
As i understand it the person or group that does own the consession is sub-letting to Miami Kiteboarding. So my question is why was it not put out for bid, or they dont do that, and they can sub contract. The park is not answering anymore. And as many hoops that i had to jump through and things the park has asked from me, i would just like to figure out how this process works. Good for you Christophe, but i disagree with the park having a monoply and not giveing others a chance, as they are suposed to, anyway i am happy to be teaching by boat, but the park has been doing this stuff for years, so i would like to know what the deal is. I set up the PASA part, insurance, and sat through countless meetings [so did alot of other people-Rick mostly] for what i am wondering.
Kittings on....no its off...yes its on, but no teachers will have permits.....well we wont bother anyone if they teach...but dont....someone was hurt....dont kite or teach.....blah blah....that place used to to so much fun to ride, i would like to see it go back to that.

P.S. i have been kiting there since 1998, so thats why i ask.

aloha Paul
Old 08-05-2007, 09:47 AM

Oh....extra P.S that i find very funny....this is more at IKO, not you christophe

"MKB is the only school in the Southeast USA that carries both PASA and IKO affiliation system."

I gave the course to MKB and did it in Crandon...but

IKO will not let you join, register your school, or do anything if you are involved with PASA.....i ahve taught there examiners, some to kite, worked with them, writen books ect....i find all of this in the sport....PASA, IKO, ect utter stupidity that they dont work together, to help the sport. Not that i need the IKO stuff for anything, but i wanted to suport all groups, thats why i joined method, PASA, KISS, ect....to help things evolve.

I feel we should start to look at things and credentials with a more open eye of what they really are in the future to see who is really doing what.

End of rant, i think its blowing 9.4 miles per hour, i am going to exercise my right to kite................haha

aloha Paul
'
Old 08-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
P.S. i have been kiting there since 1998, so thats why i ask.
Yeah, I know. It was allota fun kiting in crandon in '96 as well ( but back then all we had was a bunch of wayward windsurfer's to contend with ).

Actually, '98 as I remember was a very memorable year. You could still kite on Miami bch and do downwinders from 5th to 54th st on a wipika 8.5 classic with topless euro models yodeling at you
Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 PM

yes the good old days ....not many people, i think it was 97, when coming back from a trip around the usa, i got pulled over while kiting there.....i was way down wind of where we kite now, was funny. But i liked the local crowd, was always fun, everyone pushed each other and just rode, it was when people started getting good, and showing off, while lots of other riders where there...the problems started. So for that you can blame me and all the other damn schools....
I am just tired i guess of people trying to follow one organization or the other when they always change there postion.....PASA and Iko do a good job, but they are not the end all, and i see a problem where they ask you to join IKO, plus get insurance, and they will find loop holes in your claim, and refuse to pay on the insurance....something to look into, false security, false guidence....i have been doing this long enough that i can say that...if it keeps it open, thats fine, but no dictators, no phoney insurance, or card that says you are ok, because you say they are ok......remember YOU ARE responsible...

oh yeah the euro chicks, i almost swicthed to a speedo then, my wipika was pink and purple...no coments, and my other 2 line was green....ha after i ditched the kite ski!

aloha paul