FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
E-Bone

Default 6.05.06 Session?

I am feeling some seabreeze in my blood today. Who else is keeping an eye on thingz, just in case?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:28 PM

I am looking at it too. Either Cypress or Blue flag for me.. It depends what time it hits.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Skyway Scott

I am praying right now.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:16 PM

bastards... my schedule every monday.

School(math and english): 7am-12:30pm
Work 1-5
School (autocad):6-11pm

I'm kicking myself in the ass for taking summer classes now.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
E-Bone

Hell, who carez about summer kiting anyhow? You should have taken 30 hours of classes this summer so you could take off fall, winter, and spring.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:43 PM

E Boner...
u going to backside? looks like it's pickin up at my house
Old 06-05-2006, 03:11 PM
E-Bone

You can always find a Boner at the backside. I'm on my way.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Skyway Scott

I hit Cypress first with Chris Moore and Scott Wolfe. Talk about light wind. Ugh. Oh well, we tested out the light wind boards and the lower end of the 14m GK Sonic and 15m Ion out there. I still think solid 8.5 mph is about the lower end of going upwind (on a kiteboard). Unfortunately, that is about what we avg'd out there today. Every once in a while it would puff to 11... and I would get "excited".

BSSW was alot better. Kinda wished I had started there, but, great to see Chris and Scott and let them try out the Super Phatty :P

I got to ride the 15m Ion again. Great kite for sure. Jayson let me ride his "rocket" board (homemade light wind machine) which was cool. Glad Jay is cool, cuz I whammied his kite pretty bad (gusty backside kite landing :? )

Victoria is really doing great now :!: She was screaming around and going upwind :twisted: like a real pro.

Ebone was there with his bagz. I broke down and bought another one for Donna. Now she has a blue one and a pink one.
Kasper, Toby, Paul, and several others were at BS too. Luckily BFG (butt floss guy) stayed put inside his vehicle :roll:
http://www.flkitesurf.com/forum/view...?p=12651#12651
Old 06-06-2006, 06:25 AM
E-Bone

Thankz for the bag purchase, Scott, you've been the number one customer so far and I appreciate the support.

The session was relatively great, given that it was a light wind adventure. That board that Jayson made is crazy, the way it tears upwind. Scott was getting some big airs on the Ion, given how light the wind was, but later cleared everybody's asses out when he put Jayson's kite down on the beach, so we were razzing him about that.

It was a positive and fun session, with a lot of gear being handed around, and was the type of session that embodies the great crew and aloha spirit that we have here on the West Side.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Skyway Scott

Yeah,

I felt horrible about that. At least it whacked my A## real bad too, to divert attention away from the kite going KaBAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!

Jayson's board actually made me dizzy. Weird. I was going so fast in so little wind, that my brain couldn't wrap around it and I literally got light headed.