FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > *** Past KB Events! *** > Surf Expo
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2008, 09:43 AM

I'm in the marine industry building the highest caliber custom race and pleasure boats worldwide for 25 years utilizing the highest tech materials, I burn thru more carbon fiber and core materials then the entire surf/snowboard industry. I contacted the show people in charge with vendors etc about looking into manufacturing boards etc, told them I wanted to visit the show and do a little market reserch to see if this industry is worth my time, I love surfing & kiteboarding so it appeals to me and seeing the level of composite tech rising within this market. I attend & display at yacht & composite trade show all over the world and was shocked at the level (or lack of) professionalism from the show management, I thought I talking to my local surfshop, the girl cracked me up with her attitude and questioned who I & my company was because she never heard of us even after I told her to check us out on the internet. She said I could only attend if I pay them something like $600 for a day pass, this is when I laughed outload, no thanks. Oh well A little advice to the managment of this industry; stop watching MTV