FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-28-2007, 05:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Trade In Your "Trash" For NEW Gear ($250 for C kites)?!

How many old C kites, harnesses, wetsuits, surfboards and windsurfing gear do you have? Wonder what to do with them? New gear for old stuff is an intriguing idea.

Directions to Adventure Sports Miami at:

http://www.google.com/maps?q=8800+NW...m=1&iwloc=addr
Old 09-28-2007, 06:53 AM

Man... I wish our local shop would do this!!!

(Hint Hint Steve-0)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I think it is a great idea. It would be good to see more incentives like this in the market place.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-08-2007, 06:03 PM

Adventure Sports Miami
adventuresportsmiami.com

Do Not Miss This SALE! Trade in YOUR Trash.

This will become the premier Florida water sports sale. Don't forget that it's not just about trading in your used kites and boards, but also your old wetsuits, harnesses, and surf boards.

This sale is on in stock items only and the deals only last for this Saturday from 9 to 2.

We have over 1000 kites, 500 harnesses, 800 wetsuits, and hundreds of boards to choose from.

The first 5 to trade in their trash and purchase a new ride or duds will receive a free JP Navman GPS and the next 15 will walk away with a killer new Lycra from Pryde.

Any questions?

Will be posting a list of the goods soon!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Do you provide kites to sleep under to be one of the first five to score a GPS unit?

Great concept and welcome back from the Orient Kent! Would have loved to see your carry on, 1000 kites! I think the most I ever crammed into mine using vacuum bags was three!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-09-2007, 10:54 AM

Rick,

Everyone at Adventure Sports Miami is busy working up the deals. Dan just received a load of Prototype Cabrinha boards. Some are free of graphics but most have the newer shapes. Your choice @ $299!

Get this... we even have 5 line kites that will be going for $199 ea. Dan is putting together a list of kite products that will be posting this afternoon.

This will also be a great time to score on a new our close out wetsuit. bring it in, prove it's a wetsuit, and take an addtional $35 off the sale price of any wetsuit in stock.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Kent,

How about a special prize for the most unusual kite or patched wetsuit brought in?

I had some BIZARRE custom windsurfing boards from the 80's that didn't survive my last move. Got rid of most of the unusual kite gear quite a while back too, have a two line Wipika 3.5 m. I think I'll hang on to that one because ... need more junk, out of a sense of nostalgia for obsolete old gear? The human mind, and my gear room, can be a strange and cluttered place.

Sounds like we have a solution!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 AM

I'm just hoping that some windsurfer trades in some wooden booms! I have always wanted a set for my wall.

It looks like this will be very large. I'm guessing that at 9:00 there will be over 100 people at the door.

The idea behind this is really 2 fold. First, is that I hate to see new windsurfers and kiters showing up at the beach with totally the wrong equipment for learning. In some cases like windsurfing, it is impossile to learn, and in other cases like kitesurfing, it can be dangerous. This is a great way to get some of the junk off the market. Secondly is that we really wanted to promote the largest season opening sale event in the SE United States. I remember growing up in South Dakota and traveling all of the way to Denver to Gart Brothers "Sniagrab". This was a killer event and sale. They had 1000's of the top products to choose from including used and close-out products to fit everyone's budget. We got to see all of the new stuff first hand and it really got us charged up for the season.

As our "trade in" sale progresses from year to year, more manufactures will participate and I think that the draw will become even larger. We will have representatives from "The Kite House" and "Sailboards Miami" there to sign newbys up for lessons and to provide information on how to get started the right way.

I'll get some pics from the event and send them up. I'm not sure if the "pole" will be used at this event, but you never know...

KM

The pole ...

Last edited by ricki; 10-10-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:18 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

South Dakota, no way! I've a ton of relatives in Sioux Falls. What part of the powerpole tree state do you hail from? You'll be saddened to learn Garts is no more, I think Sports Authority renamed them after buying the stores out in CO anyway.

This is a great concept you folks came up with, wish I could make it. Have fun and if you use that fog machine near the "pole" make sure everyone wears deck shoes for traction. That oil mist is something else.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

The guys are working hard gearing up with a ton of gear for this one. Kent just sent some shots along ...

Trucking in the gear to ASM in Miami

ASM staff moving ALL that stuff into the warehouse for Saturday

Showroom is filling up too

Have fun and grab some bargains.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-12-2007 at 09:51 AM.