FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 AM

Default Ozone Travel Announces Grand Prize

Ozone Travel is pleased to announce the 2011 Cabrinha Race Series Grand Prize: a one week stay for two at the beautiful Rede Beach Resort, in Guajiru, Brazil. (www.rede-resort.com.br). This year the Grand Prize will be awarded via a raffle. All riders who participated during the 2011 season are eligible and must be present for the drawing at the October 7 awards party to win. Karen Berber, who heads up Ozone Travel, told me, " I am honored to be a sponsor of the Cabrinha Race Series and very pleased along with the Rede Beach Resort to be able to provide this very special award."

The Rede Beach Resort is situated along the sunset coast on the outside of the small fishing village of Guajiru, a convenient 2 hours north from Fortaleza. and just a few minute buggy ride along the beach from the local bars and restaurants in the neighboring town of Flexeiras.

The beachfront Rede Beach Resort offers guests beautiful accommodations and amenities, including swimming pool, bar, restaurant, massage bungalow, kite center, wireless iinternet and boutique. Each of their 24 rooms has a sea view and hammock, ideal for enjoying the serene and beautiful tropical surroundings.

For kiters, Rede Beach is a diamond in the jewelry box that is the coast of Ceara: Wide beach, steady side-on wind, no crowds, sandy bottom, waves and endless downwinders! Just another piece of paradise

The wind, strongest in August through January, remains above 4 on the Beaufort scale for 80% of the year and is consistently side on shore. Riders will enjoy the small waves rolling up the white sandy beach while also having the choice of a local large lagoon (Lagoa do Jag) which is only a short buggy ride from the resort. Taking the buggy ride to the logoa, riding flat water and waves and then doing a downwinder in the surf makes for a spectacular day on the water.

“I personally experienced a stay at the Rede Beach Resort in October of 2009, says Steve Gunn (Cabrinha), and the kiting, was on my 7 and 9 XB the entire time, the accommodations, location, food, drink and hospitality of the Rede Beach Resort staff were as good as it gets. Someone is going to be a very lucky winner!”

The Rede Beach boutique resort is a unique property full of local charm and décor which is unmistakably Brasilian. Simple yet stylish this oceanfront retreat is hidden amongst lush tropical coco palms and cooled by the South Atlantic breezes. The Rede beach resort enjoys white sandy beaches fringed by natural swimming pools and a turquoise sea, which is ideal for bathing and water sports alike.

The resort has 24 rooms each enjoying a breathtaking view of the idyllic powder white beaches and ocean. The rooms have comfortable terraces or verandas enabling guests to enjoy the scent and sound of the warm tropical South Atlantic Ocean, while relaxing in the resorts signature hammock (Rede).

The room itself has a simple rustic wooden design with king-size beds and crisp fresh linen. All rooms have a sea view, veranda with a hammock, minibar, air conditioning, phone, wireless internet access, TV and spacious shower rooms.

At the Linda Vista restaurant, you can experience dining under the stars on the delightful oceanfront terrace. With excellent service and attention to detail, the menu offers a variety of freshly caught fish and lobster dishes which are imaginatively transformed into a selection of traditional local dishes and freshly made deserts.

For a light lunch, relax under the shade of the coco palms on the beach or by the Jacuzzi pool, and choose from a selection of the chef’s fresh salads and dishes made using local produce.
Breakfast is served daily from the Linda vista restaurant, with a selection of traditional Brasilian breads, cheeses, fresh exotic fruits and juices. On request Champagne breakfasts are also available and can be served on your veranda. The Bar de Caju offers a selection of tropical ****tails.

The Rede Beach Resort rustic Tree House Spa is also great. Combine the beautiful tropical gardens, in which it is situated, the sight of the beach, the sound of the waves and the scent of the wonderful cooling sea breeze. The Tree House Spa's main attraction is the wooden sunken Ofurô (Japanese bath) offering a fantastic menu of bath experiences whatever the need; to revitalize, hydrate or simply de-stress. What a great way to end the day before

The Cabrinha Race Series is sponsored by Cabrinha, Ozone Travel and Captain Kirk's and hosted by the St. Francis Yacht Club.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Great prize Steve, thanks for the photos to go with! I've been intrigued by those jangada in your photos since I learned of them in high school. The construction is so simple, I thought it might be the only sailboat I would be able to readily build! I didn't know at the time the kind of winds they dealt with and for extended periods offshore. Nor did I know the balsa timbers comprising the hull sucked up so much water! Tough people on a beautiful coast, great for kiting too!

http://poetacarlosmaia.blogspot.com/...1_archive.html

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi