FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-18-2006, 06:38 PM

Default who wants 2 train

Who wants to train with me? After 2morrow i am off from school and will b doing some serious training? Anyone who wants 2 come by is welcome. 727 410 7967, call me if you want 2. Scott and Josh especially. You guys need it!!
Old 12-18-2006, 06:45 PM

i'm down for sure, i've got 1 exam on wednesday, and 1 on thursday.

wednesday i get out at like 9:30, and thursday 11:30 i belive, so it shouldn't be a problem, plus i'm drivng now
Old 12-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Skyway Scott

I would love to. I have been doing a bunch of stuff in the backyard lately with a couple guys and Donna (net enclosed trampoline with two different bars that Billy setup for me). One is up high for handle pass stuff, the other angled off a tree. I also started lifting weights again (after about 5 years) so maybe I can do some of this stuff?

I got a little co.cky last night and ended up landing on my head by not concentrating. That hurt :roll:

http://www.flkitesurf.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1415
Old 12-18-2006, 09:38 PM
E-Bone

What type of training are you talking about? Pushing weight? Bouncing on the tramp? Handle passes? Potty training?

Let me know, brah!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Skyway Scott

I don't know what Alex is doing, but I have been trying a bunch of stuff on the tramp and the bar and working out. I want to get one of these things as well.

http://www.northshoreinc.com/nsibounce.html
Old 12-19-2006, 06:23 AM

personally i think the rig i have is the best out of all of them, scott's and billy's are pretty nice 2, but the tramp only teaches you muscle memory, where as my rig gives you that and there is tension on the rope, actually makes it seem like your getting pulled. the rig is a bar with bunjie ropes attached to it and a 20 foot rope attached from that all attached to the tree with the bar hanging 5 foot up. then you use it as a swing and pull it back and run until there is no slack in the rope and jump. It may sound stupid, but it is by far the best offwater training syatem i have found. from learning backrolls to raleys to handlepasses, and double s bends to blind. There is no trick impossible. all 4 major inverted handle passes(mobe, front, slim, KGB) i have landed. ebone you gotta try it out. scott and josh its def. worth checking out, if you wanna get better thisll do wonders.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:07 AM

Default YO

Hey Alex I would love to come train with you guys. Let me know when you do a Weekend training session and I am in. Also Andy from Transcend sent me some new sticker and a Team shirt for you. I will bring them the next time I am at the beach or see you.

RS
Old 12-19-2006, 07:54 AM

Alex..

can you hook us up w/ some pics or videos of your training rig?.. maybe some of you using it?

thanks!

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Skyway Scott

I would love to film Alex/Billy/Josh/Jay.... on a tramp (or whatever) showing how they practice and then edit it. Sound like an idea, Bryan?

Practicing on the water is great and all, but it'd be really cool to get a useful way down to practice every day regardless of wind.
I use to practice whatever sport I was in alot, but drills never required wind.
I find that when it does blow, I am so amped to ride that I don't want to "miss" the fun by messing up. Anyway... you get my point.
A reasonable video of some practice techniques would be cool, imo.

Tom forwarded me this video. I wish the guy was talking and giving advice in it.
I have still found it useful trying to mimic 3 of his moves.

http://media.putfile.com/Treekiting
Old 12-19-2006, 08:11 AM

I'll absolutely be down w/ it!

i am leaving for the week of x-mas but will be back after the new year..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa