FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-12-2006, 05:56 AM
Skyway Scott

Eric,

I would really like to hear about that Ion, if you got the time to wirte about it.
Thanks. Mainly range, low end grunt, and "feel". Does it feel like a C? in terms of inputs to the bar?

The Super Phatty is the s##@ for sure :shock:
Old 05-12-2006, 06:25 AM
tomstock

Rode TI on on my 15 with 20m lines for 2 hours from 6-8. Awesome session. Saw some newbies with a yellow (le) and white kite with no leash and no lessons who were unable to ride. Anyone recognize this kite? Just thought I'd mention it since there were a lot of thefts lately.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Skyway Scott

Glad to hear you rode Tom :P
Old 05-12-2006, 06:56 AM
E-Bone

Scott, I am still toast and I have to bear down at work today, but I'll review the 15m Ion as soon as I can. It is really stable, even unhooked, and it was not twitchy. A lot of depower, plenty of grunt. Unreal. With a big board that performs in waves better than the Glide, my session yesterday would have been even better, so it looks like after you demo this Ion, I'll borrow the Aggression!

You need to fly it. This kite may be right up your alley.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:12 AM
Skyway Scott

Cool. Sounds like my kinda kite. I won't need bigger than a 15m bow.
Yeah, the SP is just "slightly better" in chop 8)

After yesterday, I plan on riding it just about every time I ride. (My all-in-one-'der)

It has better low end than my 157 WT (and MC), and is also much easier to hold it down when litt/overpowered than the 157 (which is ALL I rode in all windspeeds for 2 years).
It does not develop alot of drag (like most bigger boards) in higher wind, it just shoots upwind easier. It was weird, I am use to having to use my legs and force the (bigger) boards upwind when litt. Not this one, it was cake. I think the lack of drag is what allows this.

And, its so light, your brain is fooled into thinking you are riding a little dink under your feet (its only 132 long) The only thing I am gonna change is the heelside fins. They are currenly very litte (1 inch). I am gonna put 2inch "cleavers" on there to help hold an edge after a bigger jump.. I did slip out on a couple when rotating on the landing from height. I rode Paul's with the bigger fins and never spun a landing.

So, the one board, two kite quiver is getting closer to reality, at least for a guy my size who doesn't care about being perfectly DIALED as much as constantly SMILED by riding the whole day without re-rigging while consistently screaming upwind/jumping at will :wink:

I think you (Eric), Randy, and myself are all shooting for this goal. (minimal equipment)
Old 05-12-2006, 08:04 AM

Scott,

I haven't really had a good look at Aggressions stuff. Do they have boards any bigger than the 132 for a tall fat bastard like me???

T
Old 05-12-2006, 08:33 AM
tomstock

Scott that board looks similar to my Best Float. I've found I really like that size... just like you describe. Seems to work great in just about anything. I'd like to compare some time.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Skyway Scott

Yeah,

Lets compare. Any and all com(parisons)(petitions) welcome. It makes stuff fun. Tom, this board is extremely light and very fast. I simply love it.
I don't see a reason (for me) to bring another board to the beach.

Toby... yep.. There is the BARN DOOR... that's the real big one.
Jordan has one coming. He might let you test ride it.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:20 PM

Goody goody!!! I sent you a PM Scott. I may just lump one all in with that if I like Jordan's barn door (if he is generous enough to let me take it out for a quick spin that is...)!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Skyway Scott

Big Air Al rode the SP today. If he decides to post, we will hear from him :P

I rode his 16m Flying Pe... I mean Best Waroo, after the wind died down to around 11knots.
It felt damn good to me 8) Lotsa low end grunt... turned nice, real stable, jumped well... what else do you want at 11 knots from a big kite?