FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Default Another Great Day!

Rode East Beach this morning and then did a downwinder starting from East Beach riding north around Ft. Desoto and down the Gulf Beaches. Mike, Sam, Josh, and I were boosting higher than ever! The wind was insane! Lit on an 8M . As we passed by north beach Mike and I were riding near each other and heard what sounded like someone doing a Mega Loop straight into the water. We looked around and made sure everything was alright. Didn't see anything but I just realized that it was the sonic boom from Discovery flying over us on its way to land on the other coast. Sonic booms are loud and definetely scared us for a second. Anyway, it was an EPIC day. Hope everyone had as good a run as we did!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM

Default That was awsome

That was one of the most intense down winders I have ever done. I remember a couple of times hearing groups of people screaming at the tops of there lungs when seeing us jump. It was a sick wave riding sesh because when we were riding up to the point near the dog beach we had all lefts and when we were riding down wind away from the point we had all rights. Following Josh, Chase and Sam made me amped to go bigger and fly higher than I have ever been in my life! I hope we get another day like that before the end of the season. My abs and back are still feeling the effects of the 40 knts right now sitting at the computer. Hope every one had a good time sat and sun and made it home with no problems.
Mike