FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Placing your image address between [img] and [/img] will work as long as that is an online address. It will not link to your C: drive.

If you need a place to upload images, I will send you a PM with instructions to gain access to the gallery. It has been a while since I did this so please bear with me. Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Placing your image address between [img] and [/img] will work as long as that is an online address. It will not link to your C: drive.

If you need a place to upload images, I will send you a PM with instructions to gain access to the gallery. It has been a while since I did this so please bear with me. Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 AM

yes please
Old 07-13-2005, 06:18 AM

yes please
Old 07-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you on this. It has been a long time since I set a new account up in the Photo Gallery. If anyone else in the forum would like to setup a folder for uploading photos embedding images in posts, please PM to ricki the following info:

Username
Password you would like to use for the gallery only
Name
Email address

This is information required by the setup utiity with the Gallery.

Fingers crossed for first time success once I input this info!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-14-2005, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you on this. It has been a long time since I set a new account up in the Photo Gallery. If anyone else in the forum would like to setup a folder for uploading photos embedding images in posts, please PM to ricki the following info:

Username
Password you would like to use for the gallery only
Name
Email address

This is information required by the setup utiity with the Gallery.

Fingers crossed for first time success once I input this info!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Guys,

I have been talking with Lenard the computer systems consultant that setup this site. He has concerns about the current gallery setup and is in the process of upgrading to a new, more capable application. So, bear with us a bit longer as we get things sorted out to upload images. It is coming soon!

I hope you folks had some useable wind last weekend. It averaged around 20 mph with no squalls to speak of in the Keys on Sunday. Pretty good wind for this time of year here. I did a couple of short distance round trip runs out to one fo the reef tract lighthouses. It got me thinking about longer runs that led to a post at:

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=830

What things have you guys learned from longer interisland runs?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-19-2005, 07:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hey Guys,

I have been talking with Lenard the computer systems consultant that setup this site. He has concerns about the current gallery setup and is in the process of upgrading to a new, more capable application. So, bear with us a bit longer as we get things sorted out to upload images. It is coming soon!

I hope you folks had some useable wind last weekend. It averaged around 20 mph with no squalls to speak of in the Keys on Sunday. Pretty good wind for this time of year here. I did a couple of short distance round trip runs out to one fo the reef tract lighthouses. It got me thinking about longer runs that led to a post at:

http://fksa.org/viewtopic.php?t=830

What things have you guys learned from longer interisland runs?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM

Default i'll watch the first one

When I imagine heading for a little flat dot of an island 50 miles away which is surrounded by treacherous reef; with a 25 knot NE'erly wind chewing up the SW'erly gulf stream.

That is one 'cut ass' as we say around here

My 10 cents - I think the kiteboarding aspect will be 10% and the boat support will be 90% of completing the race safely. Any problems at all, equiptment failure, mechanical breakdown, poor navigation, poor communications, etc. and things could go downhill for you very fast out there in those conditions.

Yes, I am being a cautious, booring old fart but I love kiteboarding and don't want to see any more bad wraps and this race worries me. The idea of the race is awesome but there are only a few boats/captains that I would trust to follow/lead me across open ocean in rough weather and it would be a serious challenge and major responsibility for them.

So, my ten cents again, is try and focus on the chase boat and TEAM rehersals as much or more than the individual kite training.

MM
Old 07-19-2005, 11:42 AM

Default i'll watch the first one

When I imagine heading for a little flat dot of an island 50 miles away which is surrounded by treacherous reef; with a 25 knot NE'erly wind chewing up the SW'erly gulf stream.

That is one 'cut ass' as we say around here

My 10 cents - I think the kiteboarding aspect will be 10% and the boat support will be 90% of completing the race safely. Any problems at all, equiptment failure, mechanical breakdown, poor navigation, poor communications, etc. and things could go downhill for you very fast out there in those conditions.

Yes, I am being a cautious, booring old fart but I love kiteboarding and don't want to see any more bad wraps and this race worries me. The idea of the race is awesome but there are only a few boats/captains that I would trust to follow/lead me across open ocean in rough weather and it would be a serious challenge and major responsibility for them.

So, my ten cents again, is try and focus on the chase boat and TEAM rehersals as much or more than the individual kite training.

MM