FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-01-2008, 05:40 PM

please just let it go Bill. Its a discussion.... which is what the forum is for. None of these people have anything personal with you or your accident. They're just talking. Please understand that when comments like the last one was made, they were speaking theoretically about a QR system. It seems like you're taking a lot of it really personally and i truly don't think that was anyone's intention. If you don't like the forum (which you stated in your original post), then try to find something else that keeps you busy while you're recovering and stuck inside. We want you to get better quick and then come out to the beach again, happy to be there. Not spiteful against all these people you may or may not know.

Last edited by amber; 03-02-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:59 PM

I was making no negative comment when I mentioned my buddy attaching his leash to the spreader bar. In my instance, i attached by leash to the ring in the left rear of my seat harness. I now attach in on the spreader bar. I watched a different friend get dragged from the water to the highway with his head on the white line inches from traffic driving 65mph, and the kite fortunately broke away and went over power lines before he went across. I watched him fight with his releases as he was being looped due to a broken bridle on his kite. HE fought the whole way to the highway as he was getting dragged by his leash. So, I have seen a very similar kitemare, and I am simply thankful he recovered. I was just trying to share an experience and possible helpful tip, as I do not know you or the details of how you set up your leash. There are variations between riders. Sorry you took it so out of context. Cheers, and happy winds!!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Flaccid Member

It was my fault. I posted before I knew exactly what happened. Still think this is a great time for everyome to make sure they have a release on their leash, I still see some without them (even though it made no difference this time). I did change my original post to reflect what I have since understood to have happened. Still glad that we will all see another day on the water!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:53 PM

Default Spun Harness

Sounds like his waist harness spun 180 on his body. I think that would screw up alot of safety system set-ups. Also his his leash stretched putting that QR out of reach. Like he said in the other forum a SS leash with the red sleeve and paper clip thingy might have helped.