FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-28-2007, 07:24 AM

Scott,
Do you need a chain saw and a hand? I ran a tree service crew when I was a young man, and I still have a bunch of gear, I think I'll be going to SW BS in a few.

Bob
Old 01-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Skyway Scott

Thanks, I have a steak knife and some q-line.
Be careful out there today, NW'rs around here can be GUSTY!! (especially at BS)

Someone JUST launched at the beach. Cams are cool!

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 01-02-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:58 AM

I was about to leave about an hour ago, around 9:30, to meet some others out at Upham, but decided I'd wait a while. The sensors seem to be indicating a turn more to the North now. I'm not sure if that will sustain.

I may wait just a bit longer to see what's going on. The wind may not be so gusty as the day goes on.

Update... just got a call... those who were at Upham left because it didn't seem good for the direction and were going to hit Passagrille instead. I'll consider that too.

If anybody else is waiting to get some better, more predictable conditions, feel free to call me. 727-418-8057. I'm thinking about doing North Beach or going up to Reddington area if it stays more N. Not sure yet.

I'm getting off this damn computer now, so I can actually get something done while I'm waiting it out.

Adam
Old 01-28-2007, 02:03 PM

I just got back from clearwater beach. Got there around 7:30 or so and stayed till about 1. Winds were gusty but nice and side-onshore...waves choppy. Good session though. I actually went upwind today...not for an extended period of time, but it happened! lol
Old 01-28-2007, 03:25 PM

backside skyway was litt up. got there at 8:30 and kited til 3. gusty as all hell at times.. but out in the channel it was solid. 9m / 12m waroos .. about even split throughout the day.

epic.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 01-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Skyway Scott

About a dozen of us ended up doing downwinders. For St. Pete, I personally thought today was about as good as it gets for a NW coldfront. Solid 20+ and not so gusty.(compared to the 16 to 35 I am used to).
Also, for St. Pete, we had some exceptional waves. Best time I have had in a long time. After lunch a bunch of us rode in front of the 'tow for about an hour and a half whilst Billy and a bunch of others continued the DW all the way to North Beach. I'd give just about anything to get wind and waves like that in St.Pete on a regular basis.

Thanks for the loner, Raul. (trying to secure another 11m tonight).

Thanks for the demo of the Mako, Bayflite.
That thing is unreal in chop/waves. (might have to get one!)
Old 01-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Can't Re-member

That's coool, next time in 24kts or more doing a DW I'll go with my gut instincts and rig the 9m XBow II while you and Donna are both on 11m Ozone's just to show off my madz efficiency skillz
Old 01-28-2007, 05:10 PM
E-Bone

Rode Backside today, it was up and down there all day but much better across the channel. Rode my 12m and jumped so big at one point that I was afraid it would get dark before I landed. Foxy Jr. showed up wearing his new kite girlie-pants. On another note--and I am dead serious--someone went to take a piss in the mangroves and found a stack of gay sex magazines and what appeared to be an unopened Moutain Dew. No one had the ballz to Do the Dew.

Props to Hauss for letting me chow down on all his junk food during a break. Props to Josh for the best wipeout of the day. Props to myself for treating everyone to some death metal at ear-deafening levels.

Note: newbies were getting worked all over Backside today and some others were tempting fate. If you are old school and ever ride there, be careful because the launch itself is mad sketcky with all the kookery going on.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Skyway Scott

Raul, I was really scratching my head watching you rip it up on the 9m at the 'tow.
Lori rode that earlier! Meanwhile, I was fully litt on the 11m out there and Donna rode that the whole downwinder! Two years ago, the sharing of the same kite between yourself and Lori or myself and Donna (both partners litt, but comfy) would have been simply impossible!! Pretty cool. Kind of ridiculous in a way though, since now Donna and I want to be on the same size kite at the same time (no more trading off of incremental kite sizes).
Old 01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Can't Re-member

I think me and Lori coulda both riddin a 9m today and you and Dona an 11m. Maybe a 9m = 11m or vis versa?