FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > HOW TO START, Kiteboarding Training & Schools > HOW TO START ...
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2010, 09:06 AM

Default Thanks!

This is exactly the information I was looking for. To answer the first question I bought some kite gear from a shop and received a free lesson. So yes I have had a professional instruction but you can't really get it all in just a couple hours. I got the basics, wind window, power-depower, eject, rescue. I got the kite up and got through doing body drags. I've been a couple times since and did the same thing just trying to build my confidence with Kite control in the water. I also have not had a successful water relaunch due to rough surf and being in the breakers when the kite went down. I got the idea though.

I am interested in the kite lessons in Miami. That looks like exactly the kind of spot I need to learn. I have all my gear so I think I'm going to give the school a call on the next day it's blowing enough to get up. I have a 15 meter kite so I don't think I will be needing much. I'm also 6'7 215lbs so that's what I was instructed to buy here by a local rider. That's besides the point, I'm glad I posted. Hope to see you soon. I don't know if you get commission as an instructor but if you want to give me a call or have me drop your name I'll be more than happy to. How much notice do I need to sign up? If it's blowing hard enough tomorrow I would be up to take a ride down there.

Thanks again for all your feedback! Seems knowledge is the key to safety with this sport.