FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 PM

Thumbs up Freak Dog Demo- Islamorada Jan. 18-20

Hello everyone, I will be hitting up the Islamorada area this weekend (1-18 thru 1-20) for a little R&R, and I will have the 2008 Freak Dog Kites available for demo to anyone interested. Our goal is to put you on these kites and get your honest feedback, so boost 'em high and crash 'em hard!!! Now offering 2 different logo styles, custom EH boards, and smokin' deals for schools and Collegiate clubs. The owner, Scott Polera, is a Florida kiter and a major sponsor of local and collegiate events throughout Florida and the U.S.
I will also have a few shirts and stickers from kitesurfingpics.com, which is a site dedicated to capturing our amazing sport on film and sharing the stoke with everyone. It was created by Amber Platowski, a Florida Kiter Chick, who sacrifices valuable WATER TIME to make us all look like rock stars! Show Amber some love and support her site!
Shirts= 16.00 ea
Stickers= 2.00 ea.

PLEASE SUPPORT LOCAL, KITER-FRIENDLY BUSINESSES!

Review pics, shirts, and merch. at www.kitesurfingpics.com
Review Freak Dog Kites at www.freakdogkites.com
Kite safely everyone!
Steve Sadler,prez
ASF/Kite-4-Life.org
IKO Level 2 Instructor#3481
(813)389-3683
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM

Where is the demo?
Whale Harbor or Ann's Beach.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM

Steve,

It will be great to have you down for the weekend. Sunday looks to be epic. The Otherside Boardsports will be having a downwinder on Sunday with all of our riders and then a barbecue that we do every Sunday at Anne's Beach. Anyone and everyone are invited. I'm pretty sure the Jupiter race will be this weekend but we will all be here. Stop by the shop when you get here and have a beer with us.

Noel Jambor
oTHErside Boardsports
Islamorada, mm 87.7
(305)853-9728
Old 01-16-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Where is the demo?
Whale Harbor or Ann's Beach.

I would say probably Anne's Beach as any commercial activity at Whale Harbor is not welcome unless you are with the shop there. Also, everyone at Whale Harbor has to pay $10.00 for the day to ride there. It will be up to Steve though for the final decision.

Hope you can join us for the downwinder though. The location of the launch on Sunday will be disclosed as it gets closer. We are watching the wind for a final decision.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 AM

We will be pulling in late Thursday night and ready to ride Friday A.M.,staying at the Islander. I am totally psyched to visit the keys for the first time and check out some of these spots!! DW and BBQ will just be icing on the cake!!!!
Questions:
I have a newbie with me, would that spot be suitable for a water lesson?
Is there groceries/LIQUOR STORE nearby or should I stop before I get there?
Noel- I will call you Friday morning.
Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing you guys this weekend!
Steve (813)389-3683
Old 01-17-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite-4-life View Post
We will be pulling in late Thursday night and ready to ride Friday A.M.,staying at the Islander. I am totally psyched to visit the keys for the first time and check out some of these spots!! DW and BBQ will just be icing on the cake!!!!
Questions:
I have a newbie with me, would that spot be suitable for a water lesson?
Is there groceries/LIQUOR STORE nearby or should I stop before I get there?
Noel- I will call you Friday morning.
Thanks everyone, and I look forward to seeing you guys this weekend!
Steve (813)389-3683

Friday may turn out to be a light wind day but Sat. and Sun. look pretty good. By the way it is turning out, we will probably be at Anne's Beach on Saturday with decent SE winds and then on Sunday we will be at a secret spot for the north winds in the morning and out by the Islander and Moorings for the NE winds. I will post tomorrow if it changes.

As for your needs. Anne's Beach may be abit onshore but I also have a ski available. There is a flat just off shore. You can get groceries and beer here. What do you think this is, the middle of nowhere?
Old 01-17-2008, 07:52 PM

Noel-I will bring you guys some beer for sure, but my doctor advised me that I am ALLERGIC to ALCOHOL!!!! I would have to agree, because, every time I drink it, I BREAK OUT IN HANDCUFFS.....

"What do you think this is, the middle of nowhere?"

Uhhhh yes Noel, you ARE in the middle of nowhere, thats what makes it paradise! See ya 2morrow.

Last edited by kite-4-life; 01-18-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:26 PM

Saturday we will be at Anne's Beach
See you there
Steve (813)389-3683
Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 AM

Special thanks to: oTHErside Board Sports for their hospitality!!! Mike, Shana, Noel, and all the locals made a great trip even better!
Major props for your efforts in the community, and for being positive "Soul Models" for the youth in your area- TRULY IMPRESSIVE!!!!
Anne's Beach was a beautiful spot with a great crowd of local kiters to hang out with, and I look forward to the next trip!!!
I hope you guys had fun on the DW,sorry I missed it. I did get a little "H2O TYME" at WH, but was very gusty over there.
See ya soon!
Steve (813)389-3683
Old 02-07-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
I would say probably Anne's Beach as any commercial activity at Whale Harbor is not welcome unless you are with the shop there. Also, everyone at Whale Harbor has to pay $10.00 for the day to ride there. .
Just to clear this up a bit...

Actually, commercial activity is not allowed at Anne's Beach. All kind of demos are allowed and encouraged at Whale Harbor. We have done them for years. The only commercial activity we do not allow is soliciting business from the beach...i.e. promoting and selling lessons from shops other than Seven Kiteboarding est.1999. We pay quite a bit to keep that launch open to the public and to maintain the beach. Many thanks to all who realize this and respect all our hard work over the years to keep us kiting in Islamorada. Your lesson dollars keep that launch open.

The 10$ fee can be waived for events...etc...

Steve, Thanks for the 12 demo...you guys are nice...we all love AJ down here