FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-06-2007, 10:52 PM

Default Brief Introduction

Hello everyone!

I just want to introduce myself since I will be visiting your area tomorrow. My name is Regi and I am a student at the University of Florida. I don't get a chance to go out much because of my studies but I am truly addicted to kitesurfing. I took my first lessons with Real back when they still used F-one foils and a couple of years ago I went down to Puerto Rico for a week to The Kite House. I have progressed very slowly due to the lack of practice time and the lack of experience with any other board sports previous to kiteboarding. I keep up with this forum but have never posted before. I have a week off before starting school again in the summer so I decided to take advantage of tomorrow's wind. I have never kited in the St. Pete area but I have read a lot of good things about it. I am planning on going to East Beach at Ft. Desoto. I am posting to let you guys know that I will try my best to introduce myself at the beach but I have read in this forum that there have been a lot of new people showing up at these spots and I really want to get the low down from a local while I am down there. If you see me, please say hi and let me know about any rules that I should be aware of. I drive an orange element and will have a blue windwing up in the air weather permitting.

Thanks,
Regi
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 AM

Welcome Regi. Glad to have you in our area for the day. I'll probably miss you because I have to work and will only be doing an early AM Skyway session but I would expect that all of the locals will treat you with nothing but respect. Have a great day at EB, it is a great spot to ride, a hidden gem!!!