FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-17-2009, 11:10 AM

Default Spring Break!

A reminder since spring break is here and our beaches are crowded, I would like to remind everybody to be extra careful when lunching and landing on the beach. It doesn't take too much for bystanders to have a complain to the local authorities.

I saw a not local kiter not being careful and self-landing his kite in a crowded area. I think local kiters have done a pretty good job self-regulating our spots.

If you are not local kiter you are more than welcome to kite here just be careful, respectful and ask if you have questions.

Ignorance is not an excuse!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:47 AM

I rode Picnic Island on Sunday and it was very crowded. I came in to get my smaller board b/c it was getting good and as I was walking back from my car I see a 4 yr old boy walking with my bar(which was still attached but had been rolled up and placed underneath my kite). I run up and tell him to put it down and then an adult who is standing like 6 ft away from the kid comes over and grabs him. There were several other adults around but apparently they didn't see any harm with this boy playing with the pretty kite.

Most non-kiters have no idea about kites and they always want to get too close and touch the stuff, especially kids. Now I will keep an eye on my kite at all times.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:08 AM

Default visiting tourists with kites ...

had a young guy with a 8m foil flying on siesta key public beach (was jumping and dragging near the lifeguard stands and beach goers - ya' nutz), went up and asked him to kindly follow me and another bro' to an area where he could practice, he was cool and did

so ya', be sure to keep an eye on your beach

os/sarasota