FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Tom Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanleighty View Post
i FINALLY got the nerve to try kiteloops again.. at the end of my session where my legs felt like jelly.. i hit 3 in a row! not high altitude, super-loops by any standard.. but holy crap am i stoked!
Awesome! Same here.. I rode for 7 hours straight, doing unhooked tricks only except for a few hooked in jumps and kite loops. I finally stopped when I did a tack out, and my arms cramped up first so i couldn't steer the kite, then my abdomen cramped up so bad I couldn't breathe. I could barely yell for Billy to grab my kite it hurt so bad. First time that's ever happened so I am guessing 7 hours of unhooking is my limit. lol.

Quote:
if anyone is a bit timid to give them a shot.. i began the day doing small jumps to toeside with a downloop.. did that over and over and over from both directions.. when i gave the full kiteloop a try it was definitely more intense, but the downloops had given me a good feel for the speed of the loop w/o the power..
That's awesome. You are really starting to progress too, next you'll be unhooking! Those down loops are REALLY fun. I did some unhooked jumps with a downloop transition (for the first time) yesterday. That was really fun. Crazy Jay is the absolute master of those unhooked kiteloop transitions ... hope i can do them like that some day.

BTW my new years resolution is to loose 40 pounds. Wish me luck. That means no beer and less wine so my forum posts should tame down substantially.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:38 AM

Yesterday was good all around the area. After setting up at backside, I rode over to E. Beach spent about an hour there and the road the flats from E. B. to backide and over to the bridge.

After packing up, while heading over the Howard Franklin, I saw somebody riding at Cyoress. I stop there and it was to much to resist the tempatation, so I re inflated and rode there for a while.

Decided to venture out a little and rode over to Rocky Point and around Crabby Bills. Wind was onshore more or less so I just road down Ben T Davis and down the coast.

Ended up at Clearwater side causeway!!! Plenty of area to land the kite over there and I just flagged down a cab. Cost about 30.00 bucks to get back with the tip. Can't say thats the last time I'll do that. It was great riding the coast of the bay.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
BTW my new years resolution is to loose 40 pounds. Wish me luck. That means no beer and less wine so my forum posts should tame down substantially.
yep.. im done w/ beer myself.. this last couple weeks w/ the holiday has been crappy on my diet.. but i am going to do it..

dropped 30lbs a few years ago.. took about 1 full year to gain it back.. but i was drinking A LOT of beer.

red wine is much better ... and if i really need to drink i'll take a rum and diet coke.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 12-31-2007, 10:32 AM

You Guys were both off the chain yesterday! I had to leave early. The in laws were at my house setting up for a combined Xmas, New Years Get together. I put down my 9M when it tappered off around 1:30 and P Fox was nice enough to let me ride his 14 ERA. Of course it picked right back up. I quit the Beer on a bet(bet you can't) in August, but I'm thinking I'd better start drinking heavily so I can add a little Ballast. I couldn't unhook on the 14M ,but I managed a couple Raillies with the 9M. I was starting to get them wired both ways when we started our windy season and the wind disappeared. Now I have to re learn them. I hope to get some ridding in tomorrow before the real cold stuff gets here.

Bob
Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Stock View Post
Crazy Jay is the absolute master of those unhooked kiteloop transitions ...
WORD!
Ive said it before and I'll say it again..
Jay has the BEST transitions/loops I've seen in person or on any video.
Not to mention the most intense f-16s you'll ever see.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa