FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 PM
E-Bone

Default Safety issue--the Bone sustains an injury (again)...

Yo, the lack of wind puts us all at risk because instead of kiting, the wives have us bustin’ ass at the house more than ever.

I macked out my right Achilles yesterday while trying to pull a fricken nail out of some quarter-round on a wood floor that I recently installed in the master bedroom (mad skillz). I was leaning back, with my feet on the quarter-round and pulling like hell on my industrial hammer, when something gave and I jammed the claw-end of the hammer into my leg like a rotisserie fork going on a piece of chicken. It was only a flesh wound, so I licked the blood off of the hammer (that’s flavor to a High Life man), stuck the huge flap of skin back in place with a staple gun, and got back to work.

Still, I could have been killed, especially if I had been using a demolition saw to remove the nail. So what I am trying to say is be careful and wear a helmet if your wife has you slaving around the house while the wind is dead.