FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-22-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Stir it up

The boards have been kind of slow lately. Lets stir it up a bit. With the comp at EB over the weekend there must be something worth posting about.

Did any non slingshot pimps get to try the turdo diesel 2 or the Link 2.. oh I mean Rev. Have they announced a new bridal for it yet?

What about those Freak kites did anyone shake off the hangover early enough to catch some of that 20+ wind that showed up unexpectedly Sat AM. I missed the good suff but rode SW from 10 to 2.

I heard some of the first batch of Nemi HPs shipped last week did any locals get one?

Keep your eye on the forecast maybe this next front will bring some real wind. THey were calling NW 20+ for Weds, but have pushed it back and down graded. WHo is up for the first gulf down winder of the season.

Bob
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 AM

aside from the first weekend, October has been a crap-fest for kiting..

ho hum.

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 10-22-2007, 11:40 AM

Default downwinder...

hey bob...heading out of town now...but always up for a gulf downwinder....i did not get a HP but if anyone has one i want to try a 12 and a 10... see ya on the water..allen (Al Kite Ah)
Old 10-22-2007, 11:05 PM

My stirring stick is broken, but here's a rundown of the weekend at EB.
Well organized event, Thanks Matt and crew, Amber P., BP,JT, and Matt, and everyone else!!! Good wind, then light wind, then no wind... Still an AWESOME event, I look forward to the next one! I was kidnapped shortly before the after party, but it was more than likely a lotta fun.

Freak Dogs have had great reviews so far(10 good/great, 1 "eeehhh"- by a pro kiter, demoing the lower aspect, Vicious).
We want honest feedback on these kites, please ride them.
These are EH (Eric Hertsens) 2008 kites, most of you have been riding his designs for years.... If you get bored at work, try googleing him for a little education in kite/board design history. Freak Dog Kites is EH North America, and Scott Polera is one of us, A Florida kiter who loves the sport, recognizes the quality of Eric's work, and has found a way to bring EH quality to the U.S. at a good price. As far as the freak dog name.... well.... All I know is that kiter chicks think its hot, and that gets my vote everytime...
The Vicious is the EH Beast, a lower aspect kite with light bar pressure and smooth, slower turning. I have had some good rides on these, even in LESS than 10.(12 and 15m) I did better in very light wind on this one, due to its increased canopy area.
The Unleashed is the same as the EH Ripper, a high aspect, fast turning boosting kite(NO BAR PRESSURE). I have a 12 for demo, but haven't gotten a good ride on it yet- hoping for some good wind soon!
10's, 12's and 15's available for demo (813)389-3683
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 AM

all kites rock.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:51 PM

Dude windows rock! Hey, I saw the Rev out today both the 11M and the 15M and they are no Links. I didn't ride them but they both look like good solid kites. Steve O and Gabe were letting anyone that asked give them a spin. If they get the price in line with some of the other SLEs I think they'l sell more than a few.

Bob