FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi
Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM
popeye

Ohhhhhhh I get it. You think I am Muchaco. No.... my new nick is invisible but I forgot the stupid password so I am using my old one. So no, I am not muchaco.

I would try to resist using personal attacks though guys... if someone doesn't agree with you, it's no reason to start insulting them personally with ridiculous name calling, etc. I mean really, grow up.

If someone didn't do the cleanup that's their choice. You can't pretend to know what's happening in someone else's life. Do you have kids? Weddings to go to? Sick family members? Vacations planned? Give it a rest.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 PM

It is hard to convey/get across emotions and tones correctly on these forums sometimes so just to add a little humor to this situation:

Can't we all just get along?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:10 PM

Nope, I just like messin with you guys and all your aliases. Its a form of entertainment much like your WSW bashing for no reason earlier in this thread, or Popeye's weak attempt at insulting me.Now Popeye- identify yourself or quit runnin' your d!cklicker....I was originally giving my opinion about buying local vs. buying online and the advantage of buying local, but have gotten sidetracked with all the insults...And if someone insults me, I dont get my feelings hurt, I cut them down twice as hard, its all entertainment and I have said that from the start.
I said before that WSW sponsors every kite event in Tampa Bay, which we all attend, and take something home. Why would we ALL not support them? Its a 2 way street. They will not keep sponsoring events if we dont appreciate their contributions, why would they? Its a waste of their money.

I said something about the beach cleanups because it was a shocker to only have 2 or 3 veteran kiters out of over 40 people. I was hoping to see our kiting community pull together as a group and pull off something positive for the park. Don't we owe that to them for us all using and abusing the park year after year?
Or will we just take them for granted until were banned for good?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM

Cool

wow. way too much animosity and not enough wind. Sounds like the preschool i used to work at. Temper tantrums! This thread was not posted in order to lead to negativity like this. (right steve-o?) Not much is black/white in this sport. (OR LIFE!!)There are many kite/board companies for many consumers. We're not all supposed to love the same thing! Many shops to sell the kites/boards to the many customers. No need to fight over resources that aren't in danger. Last time i checked there were PLENTY of new/veteran riders to buy plenty of gear. Share the wealth.

with the amount of drama that this forum creates, you'd think it was a cheesy mexican soap opera (the one with erick's sister).

Shut up, ride, relax and look out for one another. You never know when you're gonna be the guy getting dragged down the beach and someone is going to have to save your a$$. Can you say Karma?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:28 PM
popeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil Kenevil View Post
I said something about the beach cleanups because it was a shocker to only have 2 or 3 veteran kiters out of over 40 people. I was hoping to see our kiting community pull together as a group and pull off something positive for the park.
42 people sounds like a pretty good turnout to me! Not bad at all.

-tom
Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 PM

I picked up a used 06' 15M Flexifoil that I'm excited about. Its my first bow. I feel so lucky!
Old 06-04-2007, 04:34 PM

Default Cant we all just get along???

i just came from wsw today. Imagine my pleasant surprise to walk out of the store with a brand new ocean rodeo harness that is both seat and waist harness in one. and they even had the nsi straps stick on straps so i can put some footpads and staps on my surfboard. I feel very lucky to walk into a local kite store and find those items that i thought they would never stock actually on the shelf. Very cool. Also John took the time to put on the underground footpads and straps on a board i borrowed from the matt sexton.
Can you say excellent customer service??? I can, thank you John.
Steve-O has been a great addition to the kiting community, and he is always cheerful and ready to let you demo a board or whatever gear you might need.

I am also glad for randy is selling best and teaching on their products. I wish him continued success. I am sure he will continue to prosper by teaching folks and then sell them gear good for him.

Bottom line is this sport is growing. I am sure there is room for all of us
Old 06-04-2007, 04:53 PM

I just picked up an 11m GK Sonic orange/black. I'm excited too, no more kite gap for me. Now if I can just get that 16 up and running I'll be money. I haven't been around long enough to know what WSW "did in the past," but I CAN say this... I went out to EB recently with only a 9m bow, which I wasn't able to fly until about 5:30pm. I saw steve-o in the morning and started bullshiting with him, as we ride quite a bit up north together. He had no problem letting me demo a 15m omega and 12m sbII all day. I can't thank steve-o and WSW enough for making my afternoon for me as well as for giving me advice (lots of it) when I was trying to get into the sport. I haven't been on the water since but am thankfull they were generous enough to let me ride there gear. They know full well I buy used kites too! So I think that says quit a bit about their character. I, personally, could care less what "bashing" they did in the past, I'm excited about their new arrival (Best) and the great customer service all us waroo guys will now receive. I do buy everything else from the shop though, so I'm not a total bum. Scott, I also appreciate the 13m fuel you offered me that day! Stevil, i appreciate the lessons you NEVER CHARGED ME FOR! I'd say we have a decent crew in this community....shops included.
-sean
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigairal View Post
Imagine my pleasant surprise to walk out of the store with a brand new ocean rodeo harness that is both seat and waist harness in one.
I KNOW!!! I did the same thing a few weeks ago. After john told me, I turned into a little kid again. "I"M COMING!!!!!!!, SAVE ONE FOR ME!!!" lol
Old 06-04-2007, 05:13 PM

Al, you forgot to mention they have gone the extra mile to send their instructors to get certified (congrats Steve-O and Gabe) and that we have all helped each other in the past and the future, and always will....

All of you guys are friends of mine, even Scott, Tom, and the many alias @ssholes out there. I would gladly save any one of your asses in a heartbeat if that was the situation.
My frustration does not come from lack of wind, its from the lack of positive actions when its not.(take this thread, for example) We are blessed to have so much knowledge, talent, and style in our little kiteboarding world, but we waste our time pointing fingers instead of taking action when it comes to getting things accomplished. My friend Noob still has the Bridle issue, and with so many Best kites in this town, a loaner shouldn't be too hard to find.(hint, hint anyone) Hell, someone loan him a kite so he can quit stressin' over a missed session.....
Closed Thread